Sign in to follow this  
lidorx7

P3D V4.2 blurry non-focus picture

A new monitor will not improve your FPS if that is what you are after. You have a pretty good system there 17fps seems rather low for such a low resolution. There must be some setup/config/addon issues happening there. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

ok so some news,

the monitor is not 1080 as i thought, i thought its 1080 because win 10 allows you to choose resolution up to 1920X1080.

so what i did, i took my old monitor that is also 32" i know for sure its 1080, but it have to connect via VGA, HDMI looks horrbile on this monitor while it works with PC. so i connected HDMI to VGA converter to the GPU,

1920X1080 desktop res looks good, but the clearest resolution in the sim is almost the lowest one..1280X768, but frames seem to get really low , 17 fps at night on the 777 at KBOS 

while taxi to the runway.

i think i need to buy a new monitor.

Hi, i posted this yesterday

Check if that can help you. Try also my 3rd post in that topic, those are two things you must change manually after every driver update. I think it's going to help you, since you are using hdmi output, like me. 

But your FPS seems to be realy low, my stays at 30(locked)almost all the time with PMDG, Maddog and FSL. It's probably about your settings or maybe some tweaks. If you want help on this too, post your p3d settings and tweaks(if any)you added

lodestar,

thank you for your kind help. i did select it to the "full" mode. it changed the colors a bit but the blurry picture still there.

it looks like the picture is blurry and you need glasses, i also tried to turn of the SGSS and it looks horrible,

im more worried about the image quality now, and after i fix that i can fix the frames.

the thing is that this monitor was connected to my PS4 console with HDMI the graphics was so sharp and clear! i just dont know what im missing here with the PC

HI, what connection are you using to connect the PC to the monitor? 

HDMI, DVI or DP (Display Port) are all digital connections and provide the sharpest picture, there should be little difference between them. 

If you are using VGA, Like a 9 Pin DIN type lead, that is analogue and will not give a crisp picture on a digital monitor like most widescreen monitors are today. They are fine on the old style CRT monitors, but no good for digital. 

Hope that helps...

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

the thing is that this monitor was connected to my PS4 console with HDMI the graphics was so sharp and clear! i just dont know what im missing here with the PC

Do you have FXAA turned On within the sim or in Nvidia Inspector?  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 5/8/2018 at 7:18 AM, lidorx7 said:

texture filtering: anisotropic X16

Those are the settings inside P3D menu or both, in P3D and Nvidia Inspector? I noticed you applied this in Nvidia Inspector. It is recommended to use "in game" settings when available, they should work better then external settings, at least with less performance impact. This, applied in Nvidia Inspector will override P3D settings. Try to reset Nvidia Inspector to default profile, and set this in P3D. Start from there, do the test. SGSS is not available in P3D so you can add it later. I'm using default profile now. Do you have any other tweaks applied? Also, rebuild shaders(every time you add a tweak, or change P3D or Nvidia settings, update driver etc), just to be sure

lodestar, thank you for the detailed answers.

i did reset the inspector, without SGSS things looks horrible it has to be between 4 to 8 to get sort of nice picture (still not clear and sharp, but most of the shimmer is out)

i bought DP to VGA, my maximum resolution with this type is 1360X768 for some reason. any higher than that make the screen lose signal,both desktop and P3D .

i remember when i was on FSX i think it was the same resolution but the picture was much more sharp, it was with 660 GTX with VGA to VGA cable to the screen .

can you please explain what you mean by rebuild shaders and how to do that? i think of buying the ENVSHADE and ENVTEX but i dont really know much about it .

the thing that drive me crazy is that my PS4 run so good on this monitor with HDMI!

Edited by lidorx7

Hi, can you not plug hdmi from your pc in? You really don’t want to be using VGA at all for the pc. Use a proper hdmi, dvi or display port cable. Keep VGA out of the loop and it should look much better!

the monitor has HDMI or VGA , with HDMI everything looks really bad, including the desktop.