Sign in to follow this  
arncliffe

Cessna C182. What next?

Hi there. I have a2a c182 for a long time, and got really comfortable with this aircraft, but now I`d like to have something a bit more advanced.I would go with Majestic dash 8-400 ( love this plane a lot!!), but watching youtube videos makes me feel it`s too complicated for me at the moment.What aircraft would suit me the best as a transition between c182 and dash 8?Something in between with real engine startup, navigation ect?If I put c182 on difficulty scale as 1, so Dash 8 would be 10. I need something like 5))))

Would like to have autopilot similar to c182-  all other a2a aircrafts like Piper 250 don`t have that.. I like a lot Manfred Jahn C-47, but I think it`s too, too complicated and autopilot is old style..Please, help me choose something)) Maybe DCH 6 or some Kingair ?Thanks.

Have you considered Aerosoft’s Twin Otter? It comes with an interactive checklist to aid in getting the plane set up. Follow the list and it will check items off as you go or you can just click the item and it is taken care of for you. 

• Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Not sure what your steps are or budget, but maybe a twin such as the 310R over at MILVIS. Similar autopilot as the 182 and it will be on sale this weekend.

Milviz 310Redux you wont be disappointed and allot of fun to fly. I been flying it for a month or so and haven't grown tired of it. Not quite up to A2A standards but still enjoyable. As Kowen said it will be on sale this weekend for about 35 bucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

10 hours ago, arncliffe said:

Hi there. I have a2a c182 for a long time, and got really comfortable with this aircraft, but now I`d like to have something a bit more advanced.I would go with Majestic dash 8-400 ( love this plane a lot!!), but watching youtube videos makes me feel it`s too complicated for me at the moment.What aircraft would suit me the best as a transition between c182 and dash 8?Something in between with real engine startup, navigation ect?If I put c182 on difficulty scale as 1, so Dash 8 would be 10. I need something like 5))))

Would like to have autopilot similar to c182-  all other a2a aircrafts like Piper 250 don`t have that.. I like a lot Manfred Jahn C-47, but I think it`s too, too complicated and autopilot is old style..Please, help me choose something)) Maybe DCH 6 or some Kingair ?Thanks.

You can't go wrong with Carenado's C550 if you like classic aircraft.  The IAS hold wrapped with the autopilot is great, it uses pitch control to maintain a good airspeed while in cruise climb, I have not seen an IAS hold like it, most use thrust instead of pitch.  But if you want a larger aircraft they have just come out with a Saab 340, which I have not tried.  Carenado is doing better with flight dynamics and modest systems to get you where you want to go without too much fuss, since we operate our sims as single pilots and do not want too many distractions in the cockpit.

John

• Like 1

Flight I Beech King Air, very  realistic  twin,  not too  complicated! 

Get a great sim aircraft, the Q400 and learn to fly it. It is the gold standard of sim aircraft in my opinion. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Milviz 310Redux you wont be disappointed and allot of fun to fly. I been flying it for a month or so and haven't grown tired of it. Not quite up to A2A standards but still enjoyable. As Kowen said it will be on sale this weekend for about 35 bucks.

And the autopilot is the same with a couple of small but realistic implementation differences.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, jcorstjens said:

That is my next plane after I get tired of the 310.

1 hour ago, jcorstjens said:

It's the first rung on the ladder to being an aerial bus driver. After the KA I made the mistake of thinking an NGX and a Q400 would be kinda cool.....Wrong! 

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

That is my next plane after I get tired of the 310.

You must have lost out on getting the RealAir Turbine Duke v2......

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I had the RealAir Piston and Turbine aircraft but sadly could not remember what email I used when my old computer crashed.  I think it was my old Cox email account which I no longer have, therefore I could not redownload both for my new system....  They were good aircraft, both of them, probably the most exquisitely created GA aircraft for the hobby, it was sad to see them go out of business.

John

3 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I had the RealAir Piston and Turbine aircraft but sadly could not remember what email I used when my old computer crashed.  I think it was my old Cox email account which I no longer have, therefore I could not redownload both for my new system....  They were good aircraft, both of them, probably the most exquisitely created GA aircraft for the hobby, it was sad to see them go out of business.

John

I would suggest contacting Rob Young or Sean Maloney to get an updated installer.  If you can provide credible information about your purchase, I would expect them to help you.  Either the piston or turbine Duke would a nice next step (or two) up from your C182.

• Upvote 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

John

Contact with one of the developers may be available for issues like yours.  I recall seeing a message from him somewhere. Perhaps someone else here can chime in! Please do no fail to find a path here....

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

No I flew the heck out of the piston and the turbine but the 310redux is the new kid in town for me. I got a new TQ6 that I am really enjoying using with all these twins.

• Like 1