Sign in to follow this  
vinsounet

Questions about ATC control

Hello every one,
I've comment about ATC situation during landing:

I am established on the ILS and clear to land, but the tower-control clear take-off for an other traffic.This situation seems unrealistic for me, perhaps exept if i'm fliyng with light aircraft in VFR conditions,
and the traffic ready for take-off is a airliner.
I use My traffic Professional can this affect P2ATC for traffic works?

I've an other question, when i'm in control channel, (ground, tower, approch...) i'dont listen any AI traffic conversation, i've dont read in the Pdf manual anything about that,
I've read how we can install background réalistc atc ambiance, but now about AI atc.
Could you help or inform me about those questions?

Many thank's.
Vincent

Vincent,

P2A does not control AI Traffic.  It is your My Traffic Pro that is clearing the aircraft to takeoff in front of you.  They should be holding the traffic until you land.

P2A will issue a "Go Around" or "Execute Missed Approach" command if the runway is not clear about a mile before touchdown.

Dave

It's the sim's default ATC working the AI as MyTraffic Pro only adds traffic and does nothing to the ATC engine.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Ok Dave thanks for the answer,

Indeed, the control call me to execute a missed approach therefore Pilot2Atc execute his work perfectly!!

Do you have some idea for a software that will manage the AI traffic the best possible?

First and foremost if we have AI traffic enabled or installed as an addon the (stock) ATC injects it and controls it and the runways in the way it sees fit for the weather and several other factors.

If we have a third party ATC application giving us permission to land there's no way the stock ATC has any idea and will not hold traffic up for us unless that third party program has intervened with the stock ATC and passed on the intentions in some way.

Stock ATC will give us the go around when there's something on the runway. Installing addon traffic or turning up the slider too far increases traffic past a point whereby too many are around for adequate time between arrivals and departures.

Another problem presented to stock ATC is when ah aircraft alters speed and arrives too early or too late for the initial predictions, this is often the cause of unwanted traffic on the runway.

Edited by SteveW
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, vinsounet said:

Do you have some idea for a software that will manage the AI traffic the best possible?

In answer to your question the stock AI/ATC program in the sim is the one directing traffic and if you want traffic your flight must comply with that, it won't comply with you.

If we want to use a third party ATC we often need to turn off stock or add-on AI traffic. Replacing the AI/ATC program in the sim is more comprehensive than providing third party ATC.

Thanks you everyone for your answers,

In first, I'm conscious of the hard work necessary to development for create a project like Pilot2Atc.

In fact, as result of Pilot2Atc runs AI traffic very correctly in flight(flight info traffic is perfect), I was thinking that was the same for ground AI traffic ,
if I understand when we have clearance with Pilot2Atc for anything (in flight or on ground), the AI traffic who is manage by ATC Sim is not informed of my manoeuvre and so evolved without taking care of me.
Steve, I understood your first answerbut in the end it's more difficult for me.
What do you want to tell here?

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

If we want to use a third party ATC we often need to turn off stock or add-on AI traffic. Replacing the AI/ATC program in the sim is more comprehensive than providing third party ATC.

Regards.

Vincent

3 hours ago, vinsounet said:

Steve, I understood your first answerbut in the end it's more difficult for me.

If there's no AI traffic in the sim then there's no problems with traffic on the runways. Traffic addon programs introduce lists of traffic to the simulator (as does the sim traffic), but the simulator (ATC/AI) decides parking and runway as it tries to adhere to the demands of the traffic introduced. Rather than look to replace the internal AI Traffic, instead a third party ATC program might take a different approach with traffic; for example it might be able to clear traffic or just that arriving/departing from the runway.

Edited by SteveW

Just to point out that RW ATC will clear for takeoff depending on how far out you are on final.  If there is two mile separation (or 5 for heavies) they are usually good to go.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg