Sign in to follow this  
R Smith

ATC menu Greyed out.

Hello me again.

I can;t figure out why i can't talk to ATC, the menu options are greyed out, the radios are turned on, also pressed the button VHF1 button with the arrow on it like you do with the 777 but the options are still greyed out.

I've read through the manual but i'm still stuck.

Thanks.

Richard Smith.

Richard Smith

I'm assuming you're talking about default ATC?  

Load the default P3D flight / aircraft / airport.
It will load the jet with the engines running.
Bring up the ATC menu. 
Is it ok?

15 hours ago, R Smith said:

I can;t figure out why i can't talk to ATC, the menu options are greyed out, the radios are turned on, also pressed the button VHF1 button with the arrow on it like you do with the 777 but the options are still greyed out.

The radios are never "off" unless the plane is off, so I'm curious as to how you're determining that you've turned them on. The VHF1 button simply allows you to listen. The greyed out ATC window is because you cannot transmit. What is your MIC selector set to (the orange indicator below all of the audio buttons - the buttons with the arrows)?

Kyle Rodgers

it's most likely a P3Dv4 problem, and the folks over at LM are aware. They say it would looked into for the next update. I had the same problem a few weeks ago with the  ATC menu greyed out. But for the last two weeks i haven't had the problem anymore and i have no idea what caused it or what i did to make it go away.

Edited by Ops Normal

9 hours ago, Andrew Hafey said:

I'm assuming you're talking about default ATC?  

Load the default P3D flight / aircraft / airport.
It will load the jet with the engines running.
Bring up the ATC menu. 
Is it ok?

not tried that yet to be honest, I'm loading the 737 from the get go, I'll try this way and see what happens.

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The radios are never "off" unless the plane is off, so I'm curious as to how you're determining that you've turned them on. The VHF1 button simply allows you to listen. The greyed out ATC window is because you cannot transmit. What is your MIC selector set to (the orange indicator below all of the audio buttons - the buttons with the arrows)?

I've set the one under vhf 1 so its lit up, tried others too but same, radio is definitely on, when i used the pmdg 777 on fsx all i had to do is activate the arrow button as you decribed to work with ATC but doing the same with the 737 in p3dv4 is giving me problems.

2 hours ago, Ops Normal said:

it's most likely a P3Dv4 problem, and the folks over at LM are aware. They say it would looked into for the next update. I had the same problem a few weeks ago with the  ATC menu greyed out. But for the last two weeks i haven't had the problem anymore and i have no idea what caused it or what i did to make it go away.

Oh i wasnt aware of that, I'll take a look and also have another go with the sim today.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Richard Smith.

Edited by R Smith

Richard Smith

Ok I've been over to the LM forums, turns out there is a bug in p3dv4s ATC, flying now and the atc is working for now.

Richard Smith

19 hours ago, R Smith said:

I've set the one under vhf 1 so its lit up, tried others too but same, radio is definitely on, when i used the pmdg 777 on fsx all i had to do is activate the arrow button as you decribed to work with ATC but doing the same with the 737 in p3dv4 is giving me problems.

The button with the arrow is an audio selector (the arrow is actually a rotating volume control, not simulated). In the aircraft it allows you to listen to that channel. The mic selector is a different button that selects the channel you want to transmit on. No arrow. In the NGX the mic selector has a white bar which illuminates when pushed.

The 777 has a more realistic comms simulation than the NGX so you can’t expect things to work the same way.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg