Sign in to follow this  
EFRAIN

Hud not working

Hello guys, my hub is not working for my NGX, will flip down but is always blank or off, I tried on the CDU but nothing work, can anyone help me to get the hud working? thanks. I have P3Dv4.2 just in case, thanks in advance!

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

The obligatory "sign your" post or the PMDG Boggie Men will get you.....

Now, more than likely your DLL file has become corrupt. Submit a ticket and the Nice Men at PMDG

Bill Moore

Now, more than likely your DLL file has become corrupt. Submit a ticket and the Nice Men at PMDG will send you a new one.

Just fixed the problem for me, yesterday.

Sorry bout the double post.

Edited by bill62

Bill Moore

1 hour ago, bill62 said:

Now, more than likely your DLL file has become corrupt. Submit a ticket and the Nice Men at PMDG will send you a new one.

Just fixed the problem for me, yesterday.

Sorry bout the double post.

I have the same problem..can you advise how you fixed it?

Michael Hutton

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB | MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | WD Blue SN580 M.2 2TB | Samsung SSD 990 Pro 2TB x 2 | Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB | NZXT C1200 1200W PSU | NZXT H9 Elite Mid-Tower | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | Allegiant Virtual Airlines

5 hours ago, HDUltraClassic said:

I have the same problem..can you advise how you fixed it?

Open a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. The issue is most likely with corrupted dll.xml

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

simple  solution  to this  if  you  had  a back up  of  your  dll.xml   than  just a matter  of   replacing   it,  or  you  can  do  a  re install or  do  what   the  above  posters have  suggested   submit  a  ticket

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

simple  solution  to this  if  you  had  a back up  of  your  dll.xml   than  just a matter  of   replacing   it,  or  you  can  do  a  re install or  do  what   the  above  posters have  suggested   submit  a  ticket

The only problem with that is that files very, very, very, very, very (very?) rarely simply just become corrupted in-situ. The usual example is that something edits the file and messes it up in the process. If a dev writes a bad script to update that file and it removes a bunch of stuff, or poorly formats the XML, there goes the file. It isn't corruption as much as someone else bodging it up.

So...yes, a backup will work for getting the HUD working again, but it will remove whatever the last attempted entry was from whatever was last installed. The proper way is to just re-add our entry, or check the formatting.

Kyle Rodgers

ok thanks guys will do a ticket and see how it goes, I have a ton of liveries and dont want to loose them.

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

The liveries are not affected by the dll.xml. Different file, different location, has nothing to do with the airplane addon itself.

I got an issue with the hud not working if I reinstall the aircraft cleanly will that fix it?

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

10 hours ago, aushie said:

I got an issue with the hud not working if I reinstall the aircraft cleanly will that fix it?

Not necessarily. Please open a ticket through the support.precisionmanauls.com portal and will look at it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Not necessarily. Please open a ticket through the support.precisionmanauls.com portal and will look at it.

Well thanks for replying, but I did a clean install this morning and my hud came back. Have a great day 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM