Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Hafey

FMC Fuel Loading Problem

Haven't flown in a few days, not sure if there was some kind of update or not, but when loading in my fuel I keep getting an "invalid entry" (trying to load 20k lbs).  I selected  "set full" and this is what I got...

https://imgur.com/CZAwALX

It shows correctly on the main display, but FMC is wacky.  I went through the setup options and didn't see anything popping out at me.

Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, Andrew Hafey said:

Haven't flown in a few days, not sure if there was some kind of update or not, but when loading in my fuel I keep getting an "invalid entry" (trying to load 20k lbs).  I selected  "set full" and this is what I got...

https://imgur.com/CZAwALX

It shows correctly on the main display, but FMC is wacky.  I went through the setup options and didn't see anything popping out at me.

Any suggestions?

Have you loaded a new livery on top of another livery? Or did you changed a PMDG aircraft to another after having loaded another one? This issue will happen if you do not follow how to load the plane in the sim as described in the intro document.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

21 minutes ago, Andrew Hafey said:

I did install a new livery via the operations center...exactly the same as I did last time I put a new one in.

That is what I am telling.

The proper way to load a plane in the sim is after the splash screen you should see the select fly/scenario screen with the default Trike of F22 depending the sim you are using. From there you select the NGX and airport and press fly.

When the plane loads in the sim, if you want to change to another livery, or change to another PMDG plane then you have to restart the sim and do the above procedure again. If you chnage between liveries or aircraft without reloading the sim this will happen.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

6 minutes ago, Andrew Hafey said:

I'll give it a try.  I've never ever had to do that before.  Any idea as to the reasoning of that procedure?

The exact scenario you're seeing right now...

Kyle Rodgers

No, I meant, is that a programming issue with PMDG and the way liveries are installed or is it something with P3D that changed and it's just the workaround you guys came up with?  Just curious.

1 minute ago, Andrew Hafey said:

No, I meant, is that a programming issue with PMDG and the way liveries are installed or is it something with P3D that changed and it's just the workaround you guys came up with?  Just curious.

Workaround for issues that have been in the sim since early days of FSX. Other complex add-ons will do this as well.

It isn't the livery, as much as it's the plane itself being reloaded when you change liveries.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, I just reread your initial statement.  No, I didn't change aircraft within P3D after it loads.  I selected this aircraft straight from the new scenario screen as P3D starts up, before the sim and aircraft actually loads.  I tried it again this morning after a reboot (same way I always do) and it worked like it should...so, not sure what caused it yesterday.