Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FireFighter X 1.84 released

opps, sorry, Oliver, doubled keyed.  I sent you an email with what's going on and the log files.  Honestly I think it's something with my friends computer and not mine. that was my IP address to my computer behind my router.  Your sayin I should use the IP provided by my ISP instead? 

Capt. Robert Rixx

The IP address of your computer (that you get with cmd -> ipconfig) is invisible from the outside. That is why we are using routers in the first place, there are not enough IPs for all network devices on the internet. Your partner must call your external IP and you must tell your router to forward the traffic on the FFX port to your local IP (you must both do that, it doesn't matter if you are the server or a client)

I have read somewhere that a recent Win10 update resets network security too.

Best regarda

LORBY-SI

Oliver what's th max acreage we can operate in the sim without locking it up?

Capt. Robert Rixx

35 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Oliver what's th max acreage we can operate in the sim without locking it up?

Sorry, no idea, that is different for every setup. There are no clear boundaries. Generally speaking, I wouldn't exceed size 200, especially in networked mode.Size 1000 or more will definitely kill the simulator (and the network) dead. Creating simobjects is hard work for the sim, and particle effects are too. Consider reducing the visual drop density when working large fires or use aircraft "smoke effects" instead of the FFX drop. Also, there is the option in the settings to use simpler fire effect models to reduce load, so you can increase the size.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

yeah I when to a fire off of modis that was 42, and 74 acres and it acted like it wanted to freeze up. 

I exited and picked a smaller fire,. and all was good again

Capt. Robert Rixx