Sign in to follow this  
joshuatrees

Instant approach tools for FSX

Greetings!  I am looking for a instant approach tool for FSX Gold (boxed edtion) so that I can practice my approaches.  Based on my research on Google, I've found two so far: 1. FSiPanel, and 2. FS Instant Approach PRO 2015 by FSInventions.  Correct me if I'm wrong but with FSiPanel only limited add-on aircrafts are supported, but with FS Instant Approach pro you can use ANY aircraft.  Is this right?  Which of these two work best?  Is there any other ones that exist too?  Please list any instant approach tools that exist out there that I'm not aware of.  I mainly fly the B757, and it's currently not supported with FSiPanel.  Any help on this will be very much appreciated.  Thanks guys! :D

After researching the various alternatives including FS Instant Approach Pro, I bought FSiPanel a little while ago for use with FSX as it seemed to be the best. It is however fully compatible with only about 15 aircraft from the some of the major 'high end' developers where it will fully configure the aircraft for the approach required and set it up at the desired approach position and it performs extremely well with these. It is however also possible to use it with most other addon aircraft although when using these you have to first take off, fly straight and level at the required speed and then FSiPanel will slew the aircraft to the desired approach point. At this point however non-supported aircraft may not be fully configured for the approach and this may have to be done manually - I have used it with a couple of non-supported aircraft (although not with my QW 757 yet) and I can confirm that it actually works very well.

The only other option which you did not mention are the FS Approaches series from Perfect Flight However, having experienced some of Perfect Flight's aircraft in FS9, I suspect FS Approaches would be of similar very poor quality so I didn't even consider this for FSX. 

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Bill- Thank you so much for that information.  I'll give FSiPanel a shot then 😄

Lodestar- Thanks!  I'll download this too! 😄  Appreciate it.

Hi JT:

FS Instant Approach PRO 2015 is the latest version. It is $9.95.

Be sure to visit our web site and check out all the new additions to our new FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018 - contains all of FS Instant Approach PRO 2015 and is packed with loads of new features - including - Taxiway Tutor, Weather Tutor, GPS Tutor and Autopilot Tutor. 

FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018's features are described here...

http://www.fsflyingschool.com/features-of-fsflyingschool-pro-2018.asp 

FSFlyingSchool was first released in 2006 and has since won 5 PC Pilot Magazine Classic Product Awards.

You can fly any powered airplane in FSX - and payware add-ons. 

Some add-ons have programming which is markedly different to FSX programming and these (very few) may produce unwanted results, so we recommend that you download the free demo to try FSFlyingSchool with your favourite planes to be sure it performs exactly as you would wish before making a purchase. The demo has no time limit - try for as long as you want.

As you can see FSFlyingSchool gives instruction in any powered airplane, but gives specific detailed instruction in 16, of which one is the 757, either from Quality Wings or Just Flight.

Following this topic closely.. not sure I wanna spend money..yet 🙂

Victor Roos