Sign in to follow this  
scootersm

Default Weather

Something is up with my weather.....I use real world weather when I fly.  I noticed that the weather is always the same at my airport and does not match the conditions.  When down loaded it's always same wind light clouds and light rain coming or going.  However I'm pretty sure it's correct at other airports that I fly to.  I use the update every 15 min.  Any help or clarification let me know.

Thanks Scooter

The severs that the real World weather use are basically locked in place and have not updated for several many months.  It's the same for FSX.  I think Jepson  has given up.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi

For FS9 we are getting very stuck for weather options. Active sky seems to have dried up, default weather, now in the forum there is a post rex is not working either.  At the start of the year I bought FS Global weather, not the cheapest thing but I have to say it's an excellent weather engine.

Link if interested

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034

• Like 1

I love the FS Global Real Weather.One of the reasons i got it is that you can use it on FS9 /FSX /P3D /X-plane.

nebojsa

Yep and for that same reason it's why I hope/think it will be working for FS9 for a while to come

Active Sky for fs9 still works fine if you already own a registered copy, as does REX..  The problem with weather engines now is finding one that is still sold tor users of fs9.  The default fs9 weather engine has been unreliable for probably several years; and now, not at all.

I am editing my post from above:  REX weather does not seem to be updating as I had thought.  As I write this my airport a few miles away is having thunderstorms, which REX is not portraying.  When I switch to ASE the weather on the screen looks just like what I see out of my window as I type this; rain, thunder and lightning.  As has been stated in other threads, ASE (HiFi) has stated that they will support their product for the purchasers who have it.  ASE for fs9 can no longer be bought, however.

Also, if you want information directly from the source, on why ASE was discontinued, but still supported for current users, read this thread which contains a definitive answer from the president of HiFi Technologies: 

Edited by forkedtail
additional information on topic

As far as i know active sky 6.5 is dead now for awhile.

nebojsa

19 hours ago, forkedtail said:

Also, if you want information directly from the source, on why ASE was discontinued, but still supported for current users

It's not supported, they will simply leave it as is. When something goes wrong and it needs an update they won't be updating, they'll just let it die. The supported products they continue to update and keep them in a working state.

Mark Daniels

My Rex seems to be working ok....Yes Active Sky 6.5 is dead was using default until it's gone too.  I'll look at the others for now I'll use the REX. 

In the full sense, of "supported", no, they have stopped that. ASE still works for current owners.  At least these publishers have been up front about their products. There are software publishers that continue to sell unsupported products that won't even run on modern systems, yet they still take your money gladly.  I have had this happen with payware aircraft.  

ASE performs as well for me as it did day one.  REX weather does not, except for their wonderful textures; used with the ASE weather engine.

I've noticed for several days now when you open ASE it shows "Met/Rep Download" and fails to download this multiple times. It switches between 3 servers until eventually one works, downloads whatever is required and ASE opens. Maybe the beginning of the end???

Mark Daniels