Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access) Available

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

There’s a good market for disappointed UTL users, that’s for sure. 

Hi Chapstick,,

Starting to look more closely at AI traffic offerings, so I'm interested in your thoughts re: disappointed UTL users. What do you see as the major issue with UTL? With JF's Traffic Global, I can live with the lack of GA traffic, but would like to look more closely at the models' textures. Clearly, the issue with install/configuration needs to be reviewed.

Mike

Edited by orbmis

6 hours ago, newtie said:

Just downloaded and did default install.

Doesn't work.

Event Viewer indicates .NET problem.

Maybe not .Net, maybe System.dll?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: TrafficApp.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException at TrafficApp.Form1.IsValid() at TrafficApp.Form1..ctor() at TrafficApp.Program.Main()

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Well, Me and many of good friends at AIG have over 2 GB of traffic BGL files, I can tell you by experience that when I use those BGL traffic files P3D can take up to 8 minutes to load that using an .M2 ssd key.

While with UTL it takes about 15 seconds, so I use UTL when I am developing since it allows me to perform quick launches to test, restart, etc.

You should know by experience then that the bgls have got very little to do with the load times. It's all in amount of ai aircraft that you have and the time it takes for the sim to read the aircraft.cfg entries.

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, orbmis said:

Starting to look more closely at AI traffic offerings, so I'm interested in your thoughts

I'm simply interested.

In general, UTL is really good, some GA Models look odd and old, but s far I can't complain. But there's no development and updates (liveries, models). It is ok, but not finished.

TG: early access … well, in that case I would say, paid beta. The program was in beta and considering this, it is now too early to take money for it, in my optinion. Several black planes, no sounds inside the VC, etc. all things which should be solved during beta. Early access should in that case then to check the worldwide AI traffic and not such basic issues. But ok, I do not complain … I really wanted to support them.

Beside this, I'm very pleased with the models and that there's really no impact in performance. Very good!

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much does it increase loading time. Or better asked, how big is the TG airplane folder?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, newtie said:

That makes two of us.

Makes three now :biggrin:

Would you'll suggest someone who uses Voxatc to buy this now at this stage or would I better waiting? 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

7 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I did it all over again as if from the start. 

Here are the instructions fro Just Flight, as follows:

Setup Guide

1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

2. Double-click on the file you have downloaded to start the unlocking process.

3. It will automatically take you to the authentication screen to confirm your purchase.

4. Enter your e-mail address and password (from your Just Flight account) and select LOGIN.

5. Your purchase will be confirmed and the install will start automatically.

6. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

7. You can uninstall and re-install the product on your PC as many times as you wish – there is no need to unlock or re-authenticate.

8. To install the product on a new PC or if your PC is re-formatted, you need to unlock it again. Simply download the file again and follow steps 2. to 6.

9. You can unlock your product as many times as you like. If you need any help please 'Contact our Support team'.

Steps 3, 4 and 5 do not appear on the screen or happen for me. After double clicking the downloaded file it jumps to step 6 and asks me to select where to install.

Somehow things must have gotten messed up on the first install and now will not allow me to actually "install for the first time" again.

Question: Working on that assumption, what now?

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

After the first install a file on your C drive will probably mean steps 3, 4,5 are not required, check C/ your docs Traffic Global , in there you will find the manual.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nemo said:

How much does it increase loading time. Or better asked, how big is the TG airplane folder?

You get an option on install my tools are installed on E:/Storage Drive, and like the sims C:/  your documents/ Traffic Global 

I'm showing 45,711 default flights compiled, 1,586 aircraft default,  loading times ok at UK2000 Xtreme no change in FPS, EGKK had to remove static aircraft double parked traffic settings in P3Dv4.1 100%, Within 1min of loading 3 easy jet aircraft on taxi.

Fly Tampa Amsterdam shed loads, not checked my US airports yet will do today.

Raymond Fry.

What a disappointment!

PANC - No UPS no FEDEX a/c (tried at various time of day). Only Alaska Airline and many, many a/c (all the same type) but white textures only.

Another bad experience with AI traffc programs.

Edit: Checked available a/c and airlines. I know one should be careful with strong words, but fraud comes into my mind ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

Beside this, I'm very pleased with the models and that there's really no impact in performance. Very good!

Really...? This would be the first traffic addon not coming with a preformance penalty. UTL is quite good in that the penalty is bearable, PSXSeecontraffic is even lighter, but still noticeable. So this would be a quite important point. 

As a (nearly) pure GA flyer I would miss GA traffic badly, though.

The issue with ULT is the developer having the habit to throw a hat into the ring and completely disappearing afterwards for months ... a year ... 5 years.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

For me no performance hit, loading time the same P3Dv4.1, before Traffic Global settings in P3D default AI 100%, AI ships Global AI shipping pack 100% , road traffic 40%, with Traffic Global same settings, only the scenery loading time very due to ORBX east ok SOCAL and PNW a lot longer over 80% of the loading time is scenery, only the last bit of loading is AI no change. FB KSFO FPS the same and at FSDT airports.  

Raymond Fry.

41 minutes ago, Nemo said:

but fraud comes into my mind ..

But you opted into "Early Access". You have to take what comes. After the UTL developer doing another runner, I decided I would only purchase full releases.

Hopefully, it will turn out alright in the end. You have more chances of a finished product published by JF than Flight 1.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am not sure if some people understand the concept of Early Access. This is (in effect) still a beta test version, but it has been "opened up" to a much larger community base, so that testing can be done with a far greater variety of CPU/GPU/OS etc. combinations. Early Access customers should be prepared to experience issues and bugs, since it is not the finished product. Working with the developer to resolve these issues is a large part of what Early Access is all about.

I trust the JustFlight guys, and I am sure that they will work hard to solve any problems that are found. Yes, I know that customers have paid money for this product, but it is less money than they would have to pay for the finished product, and they get to use it well in advance of the rest of the community.

Let's give the JustFlight guys a chance to respond to these reported issues before condemning both the developer and the software to the scrap heap.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png