Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access) Available

Did some checking in my US airports UPS and CARGOLUX are in the database no performance issues FPS  at FB ,FSDT, DD, airports are the same as before with traffic set at 100%.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This has to be the laziest thing I have ever seen! So basically, you pay $42 to test out an unfinished buggy product to help the developer finish it?? 

How about the developer pay ME $42 to test out his product, that sounds like a better deal. 

• Upvote 2

AF2 should have given the sim away on steam while it was in beta for a year. simple answer is don`t buy beta products.

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Did some checking in my US airports UPS and CARGOLUX are in the database no performance issues FPS  at FB ,FSDT, DD, airports are the same as before with traffic set at 100%.

Hi:

After install, did you do something extra to get the airplanes to load in the sim?  Also, will you check RJAA and see what types you get there?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Deleted

Edited by newtie

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

AF2 should have given the sim away on steam while it was in beta for a year. simple answer is don`t buy beta products.

I won't. from this point on.

I spent the entire day and could not get any ai traffic to show up. I uninstalled this program and reinstalled UT2. No more *early access* stuff for me!

Oh, yeah, made the same mistake with AF FS2!

Those who are having issues:

-Did you check your sim library to make sure Traffic Global has been added?

-Did you follow the instructions to include compile default traffic database both part I and II?

-Run the app with right click, run as admin.

-Make sure P3D traffic sliders and set to 100%.

-When you installed and started P3D, did you select yes with prompted to enable Traffic Global.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

At least you have something. I have no airliner traffic anywhere, even default airlines and I can not even get the program to open, although obviously something has happened.

I do have ORBX traffic in areas they made programs. So, I guess I will be flying in Ozland, or Norway for now! I have been told that there will be a new version upcoming that may fix all this, or seek a refund.

The problem is, I cant go back to the way it was, even with uninstalling, and can't move forward, so stuck. 

Kind regards,

Something did happen because installing shouldn't have effected Orbx.  I'm running Orbx too.  When you say you can't get it to open, does that mean you aren't getting traffic or you can't the app to open?

Aaron Ortega

24 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Something did happen because installing shouldn't have effected Orbx.  I'm running Orbx too.  When you say you can't get it to open, does that mean you aren't getting traffic or you can't the app to open?

LOL,

Sorry it could be read that wrongly. :)

No, the ORBX stuff works great. What I sad was that the "default" AI is missing too (as well as nothing whatsoever from Global Traffic, that only the ORBX stuff is working (where ORBX created it to run and no where else), whether Global is installed or after I uninstalled it.

Bottom line:

1. The Global Traffic program does not run on my machine at all. (None, zilch, nada -anywhere).

2. Now, after first installing Global Traffic P3D v4.3 default traffic is missing too (None, zilch, nada -anywhere) with narry a World Travel, Orbit or Pacifica to be found anywhere!

3. In Australia and Norway (Where ORBX AI programs are installed and run on my machine, I have full (Orbx) traffic!

So...

I am hoping that Global Traffic gets fixed so that it will run (which it does not) so that my flight sim will get fixed and at least give me default airline traffic, and hope for it to actually run and give me what it is supposed to with real airlines etc., etc., etc.

There! 😎

Explained, I hope!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

I meant P3D v4.2...

Don't ask me any more skill testing questions, I don't have much to spare!

Spirit Flyer

I doubt that you need to "run as administrator". I have never understood why this is required, as a single owner of a home PC basically IS the administrator by default! I have certainly never had to do it in all the years that I have owned a Windows based PC. As I stated above, my problem is that I am unable to run the Traffic Global application setup utility, but I am sure that this will be fixed shortly. Until then, I can carry on using my freeware AI database, which works perfectly fine.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

33 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I doubt that you need to "run as administrator". I have never understood why this is required, as a single owner of a home PC basically IS the administrator by default

Maybe  this  question  is  best  to  ask  any  of  the Devs  from any  addons,  since  they  all  say  if  you got  issues    make  sure  you  run  as  admin  etc.  Just because  you dont have  no issues  doesn't  mean other  that  don't  use  the  admin  thing  havnt

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

49 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Maybe  this  question  is  best  to  ask  any  of  the Devs  from any  addons,  since  they  all  say  if  you got  issues    make  sure  you  run  as  admin  etc.  Just because  you dont have  no issues  doesn't  mean other  that  don't  use  the  admin  thing  havnt

The fact that your user is administrator doesn't matter, MS introduced since Windows 7 a new functionality called UAC (User Access Control) this prevent any software from accessing secure operating system files and folders without explicit authorization from the end user, the idea of this functionality is to prevent unauthorised software from doing damage to your PC.

The directory Program Files and Folders is one of these protected areas and since many users install Prepar3d inside it means many add-on's cannot work correctly since they do not have the required security access to perform certain functions.

When you run a program with the “run as administrator” option you are granting elevated privileges already to the software to access these areas of the operating system.

This is why some developers ask users to try things with the run as administrator, alternatively you could install Prepar3d outside of the Program Files folder avoiding the issue in the first place.

Hope this helps to clarify the differences between being Administrator and running as administrator, there are two different things.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I run windows 10 home on the latest update my AV will give a download clean and green tick, but sometime when I right click Administrator on the exe file to install windows will intervene black box will open forcing me to click on info and hit run anyway.

I don`t know but it may be something to do with the activation, phone home ET, to activate the product. 

P.S. the support page is accessed through the home screen on traffic global and from day one yesterday Chris at JF was answering users feedback, they are aware some are having problems installing and they are looking into it.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.