Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access) Available

3 hours ago, paulwain said:

What’s the AI separation like ? Any better than UTL?

The separation is controlled by the sim, same as it is with all AI except of course the ones that are live streaming data like PSXseeconTraffic. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, qqwertzde said:

It probably has to use the old codes. The default airports in P3D are still at the state of 2006, so using a new code would not work. Even some scenery developers stick to old codes for that reason (e.g., ORBX YSCH which is now YCFS)

Peter

Am I missing something here? How can Traffic Global then use real world flight plans? What am I missing? This is the exact reason I purchased UT Live only to find it used airports from 2006...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Actually, neither Traffic Global or UTL use real world flight plans, they use real world city pairings. Even though UTL uses flightplans and not direct airport to airport, they are FAR from real world, same as what you would get in a basic route from default the FSX/P3d flightplanner. 

10 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Actually, neither Traffic Global or UTL use real world flight plans, they use real world city pairings. Even though UTL uses flightplans and not direct airport to airport, they are FAR from real world, same as what you would get in a basic route from default the FSX/P3d flightplanner. 

still better than the direct to gps routes from every other traffic program and default traffic handling! Flying on airways I see aircraft where they should be, not randomly flying paths. Room for improvement, and cant you create plans to import in Ultimate Traffic with the power pack

Edited by Boeing or not going

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

still better than the direct to gps routes from every other traffic program and default traffic handling! Flying on airways I see aircraft where they should be, not randomly flying paths. Room for improvement, and cant you create plans to import in Ultimate Traffic with the power pack

I guess it really depends on what users think they should be flying as even though they are flying routes in UTL, they aren't realistic routes and very commonly are FAR different than those that would be used in the real world. Have you seen the garbage that the default flightplanner commonly creates? There are also only a limited collection of pairings with routes, leaving thousands of pairings with no route associated to them, I would assume they would then fly the same as bgl traffic, direct.

Sure you can create your own more realistic routes, I've done quite easily in UTL without powerpack but then you have to look at how many routes there are to do, that's almost more work than building a custom AI setup. It's good in theory, but it just wasn't well executed.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

As long as there are planes, with proper liveries, at the gates, taxiing, taking off and landing, why would anyone care what routes they were following???? When enroute and you see other traffic why would you even care where they came from or where they are going, much less were they using a real world route or GPS Direct??  

Bruce

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I've always wondered the same thing.

You beat me to it 😀

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brucets said:

As long as there are planes, with proper liveries, at the gates, taxiing, taking off and landing, why would anyone care what routes they were following???? When enroute and you see other traffic why would you even care where they came from or where they are going, much less were they using a real world route or GPS Direct??  

Bruce

The point I'm making is due to ICAO codes being changed in the real world, whatever the AI application is using to display AI traffic is outdated (2006) and is preventing the spawning of planes at certain airports. Two major airports in my area (FALE, FAOR) are completely empty in UT Live since the application is using old data. If this hold true for Traffic Global then I will expect the same empty airports. It's not about routes, It's about what the application is using at the starting or end point in terms of airport data.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

2 hours ago, brucets said:

Bruce

I think, if you are on a frequently used airway, you would see much more ai traffic it it uses real world flight plans, but I may be wrong.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

If it has to do with traffic or no traffic then yeah, it's important. But whether the ai is using actual flight plan routes, waypoint to waypoint, as opposed to gps direct type routes. shouldn't matter. As long as there is traffic in the air and on the ground. Someone above mentioned *city pairs* which I think is the key. As to the frequency of flights between them that could be where the real flight plans play a role, but only in terms of how many flights per day between city pairs and at what times - not the actual route detail.

Bruce

Hi Guys 

Anyway of adding to v-pilot ? 

Malcolm Rouse

INTEL X58, CORE I7 920, LOW LATENCY 6G RAM, ANTEC 300 CASE, SAMSUNG SPOINT 1TB, HDD VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB, SAMSUNG S222A - 22X DVD+/-/RW, NOCTUA NH-U12P, ATI RADEON 5870 1024MB, WIN7 64, FSX , TRACKIR 5 , X52 ,SAMSUNG 32" HDTV , 19" TFT.

Depends how realistic you want your AI, I have TG and to make it more realistic I would have to go into the aircraft folder and remove nearly all 747-400 livery's but I'm not bothered about fully realistic. 

The airport database file is injected into the sim world scenery file and I suspect could be updated or modified, The main TG files can be placed on any drive on your PC not the flight sim drive if you so wish.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, tutmeister said:

New update, fixes missing 737 textures and plenty of other things.

Also includes a work in progress GA ai.

Chris

What about AI lighting? reports from my customers lead me to discover that none of their models have any AI lightning modeled at all.

Maybe many users flight at day and haven't noticed it.

Regards 

Simbol