Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access) Available

I think a lot of us...just want to turn on the proggie..see planes..etc...I am not interested in jumping thru all the these  hoops and add this and that. Would like to see fedex and ups etc but I wouldn't know where to begin. I am almost 68 and the learning curve is narrowing...

Thanks,

Bob M.

• Like 1

Bob M

I agree with respect to the "plug and play" aspect. A payware AI package should be as complete as the developers can make it. Most flight simmers do not want to mess about adding other models/repaints/flightplans. They just want to install and GO. I do think that developers need to remember this if they want to create a payware AI flight environment that realistically simulates what can be seen at various airports around the world. That being the case, I would like to see some more aircraft models added to Traffic Global. As a UK flyer, I want to be able to see ALL of the major UK airlines included, and one of the significant omissions in Traffic Global at the moment is Eastern Airways. Most of the fleet is based on the Saab 2000 and BAe Jetstream 41, and those two models are currently not included in Traffic Global.

Hopefully, stuff like this can be added as development continues during the Early Access phase.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 6/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, Chock said:

It does the job for me, with some caveats, I mainly operate the sim from EGCC, and it fills the stands with jets, which is the main thing, but they are not very accurately assigned, Lots of Easyjet and Ryanair A320s and 737s on stands where it would normally be Thomas Cook, Jet2, SAS and Lufthansa, and of course Ryanair don't typically use the stands with air bridges anyway sincre they save money by using their built-in airstairs, mostly on the ramps near the pub at the end of 23R, whereas they seem to be full of FlyBe Dash 8s  One or two AI planes appear completely black too. Operationally I had a FlyBe Dash 8 line up on 5L and just sit there whilst I was holding in my A320, and that Dash 8 never departed.

I'm also usually flying out of EGCC and i'll be honest, i'm really not impressed with the product.  Like you, I want airports that look like they're lived in. Doesn't have to be 100% accurate forever but I want something that at least approximates to reality at some point in time within the limits of the sim and reasonable maintenance. However, the default database schedules seem to lack an awful lot of traffic for EGCC (long haul especially) and trying to set it up yourself has been a huge faff so far. Not helped especially because when you go in and re-edit your own AI flight plan then it only seems to reload about half your settings.  The UI/UX of it is a mess (not least the annoyance of having to seemingly click twice to set checkboxes and process locks on the underlying data files requiring restarts a few times already).

I'll be blunt and say that if I knew what I know now after buying the product then I wouldn't have bought it in its current state.

Edited by mj73

I agree that it should not be a faff to set up an AI aeroplane add-on. It should be basically an 'install it and it's reasonably accurate' type of deal, the possibility to tweak it should be a bones, not a necessity. There are free solutions where one can set things up just as one likes, and if I wanted to do that, I'd have gone with that choice, but when paying for something like Global Traffic, I would expect it to have done the hard work for me, because that's what I paid for.

At the moment, it only just about barely ticks the boxes it is supposed to, by plonking airliners on stands and flying them around, but as noted, they fall quite some way short of a relationship with the real world in regard to the airliner types and operators you'd see on particular airport stands in real life.

I don't expect perfection for 28 quid, especially since it is an early access release, i.e. I accept that it does say on the product page:

'as this AI expansion covers hundreds of aircraft using thousands of airports powered by tens of thousands of real-life flight plans, inevitably there may be bugs, issues and missing or incomplete functionality in this Early Access version'

But, I do note that it does also say on the product page:

'accurate flight plans based on real-world airline schedules'

'the traffic database that powers the AI flights is sourced from the same suppliers that power many of the popular ‘flight tracking’ apps and websites, thus providing our most realistic representation of real-world airport traffic yet'

'provide unprecedented levels of realism and immersiveness'

It's not really living up to those claims, or at least, not yet, but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

19 hours ago, Chock said:

I agree that it should not be a faff to set up an AI aeroplane add-on. It should be basically an 'install it and it's reasonably accurate' type of deal, the possibility to tweak it should be a bones, not a necessity. There are free solutions where one can set things up just as one likes, and if I wanted to do that, I'd have gone with that choice, but when paying for something like Global Traffic, I would expect it to have done the hard work for me, because that's what I paid for.

At the moment, it only just about barely ticks the boxes it is supposed to, by plonking airliners on stands and flying them around, but as noted, they fall quite some way short of a relationship with the real world in regard to the airliner types and operators you'd see on particular airport stands in real life.

I don't expect perfection for 28 quid, especially since it is an early access release, i.e. I accept that it does say on the product page:

'as this AI expansion covers hundreds of aircraft using thousands of airports powered by tens of thousands of real-life flight plans, inevitably there may be bugs, issues and missing or incomplete functionality in this Early Access version'

But, I do note that it does also say on the product page:

'accurate flight plans based on real-world airline schedules'

'the traffic database that powers the AI flights is sourced from the same suppliers that power many of the popular ‘flight tracking’ apps and websites, thus providing our most realistic representation of real-world airport traffic yet'

'provide unprecedented levels of realism and immersiveness'

It's not really living up to those claims, or at least, not yet, but we'll see.

Yes, I certainly hope the main schedule database is a long way from being the finished article still. 

On 6/23/2018 at 6:10 PM, Christopher Low said:

I agree with respect to the "plug and play" aspect. A payware AI package should be as complete as the developers can make it. Most flight simmers do not want to mess about adding other models/repaints/flightplans. They just want to install and GO. I do think that developers need to remember this if they want to create a payware AI flight environment that realistically simulates what can be seen at various airports around the world. ...

This is so true. Neither UTL nor JF TG are "complete" products. I don't expect that every single airline/aircraft combination is represented, but both products are uncompleted and many important combinations are missing. The last set-up-and-forget-it product was MyTraffic, which unfortunately seems not to be continued.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I see that GA traffic has been added using "default" AC.  I'm wondering how that works and with what default aircraft?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I have Global Traffic uninstalled at the moment, but if you find the BGL traffic files for the GA traffic ( I assume that the name(s) are obvious), you should be able to open up the BGL with AI Flight Planner and see the aircraft list. Or better yet, go to the Traffic Global  schedules folder and check MyAIFlights.xlsx and TrafficGlobalDatabase.xlsx.

I suspect that TG does what My Traffic 6 partially did and uses the various default light aircraft that come as default with P3d4.

Edited by jabloomf1230

I wish XP11 had an AI plug-n-play program that was more GA friendly. 

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I have Global Traffic uninstalled at the moment, but if you find the BGL traffic files for the GA traffic ( I assume that the name(s) are obvious), you should be able to open up the BGL with AI Flight Planner and see the aircraft list. Or better yet, go to the Traffic Global  schedules folder and check MyAIFlights.xlsx and TrafficGlobalDatabase.xlsx.

I suspect that TG does what My Traffic 6 partially did and uses the various default light aircraft that come as default with P3d4.

Thanks, I currently use MT6 with VOXATC and would like to get something that is newer and will be updated.  Just curious - why did you decide to uninstall Global Traffic?

Rick Abshier

TG is still a bit quirky since it's an early access offering. My main AI traffic is from AIG, but I periodically test new releases of TG to see how it's doing. My ranking of existing AI add-ons:

1. AIG. It has the best models and most recent schedules and covers almost every airline. The drawback is the enormous amount of work needed both to initially install and maintain it.

2. (tie) World Traffic 3 (XP11) and Just Flight Traffic Global. The models are pretty good  and many airlines are available.

4. Ultimate Traffic Live. The models are good and most airlines are covered. A bit buggy because it uses a non-standard approach to inject traffic into P3d4. 

5. MAIW - military only. The models are excellent and the schedules are as accurate as possible. Military airfields are included and there is an automatic installer by continent.

6. My Traffic 6. The models are simplified and some are still for FS9. It does have military and GA traffic though. The schedules are 3 years old.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 1

Good info - thanks!

Rick Abshier

8 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

2. (tie) World Traffic 3 (XP11) and Just Flight Traffic Global. The models are pretty good  and many airlines are available.

4. Ultimate Traffic Live. The models are good and most airlines are covered. A bit buggy because it uses a non-standard approach to inject traffic into P3d4. 

Thanks, good info. Can you compare the fps impact between the two? I have been using Traffic Live so far without issues and am pretty content with it. I bought TG but didn't dare to install it ... yet. I know I should try it, yes.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks, good info. Can you compare the fps impact between the two? I have been using Traffic Live so far without issues and am pretty content with it. I bought TG but didn't dare to install it ... yet. I know I should try it, yes.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

I bought it, installed it and uninstalled it. Now I am waiting for more positive reports. Until then I am using UTL.

I am still dreaming from a user friendly ai program which covers airliners, bizjets, freighters, military and GA (and helicopters?). Together with a perfect ATC program this would be a combination I would probably spend quite a lot of money.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

TG is still a bit quirky since it's an early access offering. My main AI traffic is from AIG, but I periodically test new releases of TG to see how it's doing. My ranking of existing AI add-ons:

1. AIG. It has the best models and most recent schedules and covers almost every airline. The drawback is the enormous amount of work needed both to initially install and maintain it.

5. MAIW - military only. The models are excellent and the schedules are as accurate as possible. Military airfields are included and there is an automatic installer by continent.

6. My Traffic 6. The models are simplified and some are still for FS9. It does have military and GA traffic though. The schedules are 3 years old.

A vote here for MAIW - the Matrix (their global installer) makes the process so easy and it all works great!

Rick Abshier