Sign in to follow this  
mkurver

Feature request: Airspace side view in Flight plan profile window.

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for your contribution to the flight sim community. Little Navmap is of such a high quality it is unbelievable that it is free to use. I am using Little Nav map for almost every flight and it has enriched my hobby.

I am currently doing a lot of VFR flying and trying to learn and understand the different airspace’s and when/where to contact which controller. I can identify airspace’s in the Map-window but what would help immensely is a side view of how my flight plan intersects with the different airspace’s in the Flight plan profile window.

it would look like something like this: https://goo.gl/images/oGoLMu

I don’t know of any other flightsim tool that has this feature and I don’t know if it is doable at all. But I can imagine it would be very useful to visualize which airspace’s you actually have to deal with.

Thanks for considering my suggestion. I’m looking forward to your expert opinion.

Thank you for the kind words.

This is already on the list: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/219 I added your link as an example. I know that the airspace display is a bit messy and overloaded.

But this not an easy task. Don't expect this soon, sorry.

For now you can filter the airspace display by altitude. Either below or above 10,000 ft or 18,000 ft or only airspaces intersecting with the flight plan altitude. Rightmost button on the airspace toolbar.

Alex