Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Just Flight Traffic Global

Anyone tried this in VOX and P3dv4?  It uses .bgl files, so theoretically it should work.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Sorry, no. Between FSW and UT Live, I've had my fill of "early access" testing. I'm happy to let someone else do the work for me.

• Like 1

Not to mention that the P3D forum has a thread showing that many are having installation problems.

• Like 1

Tom

I had no installation issues and it found each correct path to installed Sims, having said that there is a lot of learning to do to get this up and running, and a quick look shows that there are a lot of missing airlines. Traffic Global doesn't seem to show those AI flights already installed, I'm reluctant to generate any flights in my region (Oceania) in case it overwrites my already installed ones. It's early days with Traffic Global and it is only Early release, but it shows potential and like any new release it will develop with time. My biggest gripe is that it asks if you want to install to a folder other than the default, but then install all of the aircraft and bgl files (4gigs worth) to your C:\Documents folder which, if you have a limited sized drive could cause problems, it then only installs minimal files to the folder that you selected during installation. There is only an 'in App' manual, so you cant print a . pdf copy and study away from your PC.....still..it;s early days.

Footnote.. The manual can also be accessed from the Options Menu...Product Manual , whereby it opens up as a Word Docx (14 pages) which can then be saved within to a pdf file for easy transport between devices

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

Thanks much folks.  Put this endeavor on the back burner for now.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Got the Early Access tonight and just installed, edited some wrong entries in addon.xml referring to some Richard Slater user (I guess one of the betatesters).

I deactivated Mytraffic 6 from addons with Lorby tool, got JFTG installed, run the default databases in Just Flight Traffic Global Early Access app, run P3d V4.2, activated Traffic Global Addon, quit P3D, run the indexer from vox and next time I got into P3D and enable voxatc I got the traffic in the right parking gates and docks with the Traffic Global models and sounds without any kind of issues. Runs smooth, for me, simply as if I would installed Mytraffic as the indications I found in avsim forums. Some of the models appears with black textures, I guess it's just about missed liveries according to the default databases that come with JFTG.

Works!

Regards, Gumerson

How did you edit the xml file please?

R Slater wrote the program - found his name in the xml and wondered if that stopped it from loading on my compt.

Next stop JustFlight support.

Denis B

On 5/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, bursco said:

How did you edit the xml file please?

R Slater wrote the program - found his name in the xml and wondered if that stopped it from loading on my compt.

Next stop JustFlight support.

Denis B

Hi, 

I just only edited addon.xml with notepad in Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal folder like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>TrafficGlobal A.I. Traffic</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>BGLs for Traffic Global AI</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\****\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal</Path>
    <Name>TrafficGlobal</Name>
    <Layer>114</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Cheers

2 hours ago, HomoPrintus said:

So just to be clear - does VoxATC handle traffic from JFTG or not? 

If it does, I should buy it right now

It does. I'm enjoying the combination.