Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

Free Mission packs

Dovetail has made many of the Mission packs available for free as Cryss said would be the case. I recommend getting them and if you don't have the Just Fight Arrow yet, it's on sale and very well worth the price.

A little side rant regarding Avsim. I think it's a little disrespectful to have moved the forum down to near the bottom a few days ago while FSW is still available. It would have been a little more courteous to FSW users to leave it where it was until it finally stopped being available. I don't see the decision as a logical one, but rather a mean-hearted one. I'm sure those responsible will jump in and say it wasn't, but that's how I see it and I think they could have used a bit of courtesy to simmers that use FSW as it's coming to an end.

James

Agree completely Phantoms thanks for posting that.     The FSW team is really showing their true colors here... passionate sim and aviation fans just like us, giving away some of their effort for nothing.   It's sad, that for whatever reasons, they couldn't follow through on their vision of improving more core aspects of the sim.   In my case I do appreciate the effort; I don't think anyone will attempt this in the future.

Ditto on the JustFlight Arrow, it's exceptional.   And if you like warbirds, IMO the BlueskyFS P-40 for FSW is definitely worth owning, and on sale.   It's a very polished effort, top to bottom, and is a great example of some of the improvements made to the core sim - the PBR makes the hi res textures look very real, and FDE tweaks make it a believable aircraft - moreso than any other WW2 aircraft in an FSX derivative.   The ground handling, feel of flight, and landing character are as good as it gets, and I think the team is still working on improvements.   The cold and dark/auto checklist is one of my favorite features - as well as the cool prop animation.   BlueskyFS may do a version for another sim, but a few of the elements here may not make the translation.

I have the P-40. They tell me that they have to wait until after the 24th to do any further improvements like fixing the dark instruments. Blue Sky is figuring how to due it best without steam. Not dead yet.

9 hours ago, Air1 said:

I have the P-40. They tell me that they have to wait until after the 24th to do any further improvements like fixing the dark instruments. Blue Sky is figuring how to due it best without steam. Not dead yet.

And they are still working on their Spitfire for FSW.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:24 PM, Barfly said:

And if you like warbirds, IMO the BlueskyFS P-40 for FSW is definitely worth owning, and on sale. 

I have the P40 and it is excellent.

Edited by Phantoms

James