Sign in to follow this  
Michael Coldewey

Taxi and Gate Import does not work for all Airports in X-Plane

Hi,

I just wanted to import taxiways and gates for EDDF (Payware X-Plane) in P2A, but it says something like can not find scenery... Works fine for EDDH (also Payware Scenery).

Without importing, taxiways are really weird.

Any idea, what could cause this issue?

XP 11.20 / Windows 10 64bit

Cheers,
Michael

Michael,

How is that airport referenced in the ini file?  Here is a response from Dave about this topic in another post, the ICAO code is the key so if that payware custom scenery does not have the ICAO code in the folder name which transcribes to the ini file then it looks like P2ATC will grab default data files.  Could this be the issue?

Yes.  It first looks in the Custom Scenery/scenery_packs.ini file to get any custom scenery with the ICAO code of the selected airport in the name.  If you have a multi-airport custom scenery file, you may need to modify the name of the ini entry and folder to get it to find the airport.

If it doesn't find a custom scenery, it then looks in the default apt.dat file.

Hey Todd,

thank you very much. This helped a lot. The "problem" was, that this scenery not only consist of one folder, but one for parked cars, roads and scenery. Once I renamed the cars and roads folder, the import works as expected. Thx for the hint.

Best,

Michael

Without intending to revive that old thread I just want to say the answer helped me, too.

Airport: Aerosoft LIMC (Milan_Malpensa)
Error (trying to import gates): cannot locate the scenery file in the designated import source directory
Solution: Change the name of the airport folder missing the LIMC in the name under CustomScenery/ to include LIMC, and adjust the scenery_packs.ini accordingly (in my case automatically done by xOrganizer).

Thanks!

Hi,

Since updating to P2A v2.6.1.0 import of taxiways from Xplane 11.40 fails.

I get the message "Unable to import form xplane...." FOR ALL airports.

With the old P2A version 2.6.0 I did not have problems.

The scenery.ini file exists and was not changed between the versions.

Please help.

Regards,

Markus

Does the folder specified in the scenery_packs.ini file exist in the Custom Scenery folder?

Does it have a subfolder named "Earth nav data"?

Does that folder have a file named apt.dat?

Finally, does the apt.dat file have lines starting with 1201 and 1202?  If not, no taxiways are defined in the file.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Yes, Dave. All is correct. Subfolder is there. Earth NAV Data is there. Apt.dat is there. Very Strange. Its works perfect for all oder p2a versions.

Is there a p2a log file or a debug Info file were I can see what is wrong? Is the problem caused by the update to xplane 11.40? 

Edited by furrer411

Probably nothing in the log file.  

If you could send me a copy of the apt.dat file,  your scenery_packs.ini file, and a screenshot of the Custom Scenery folder with the folder for this scenery showing I can try and figure out the problem.

email to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I have the same problem. Importing taxyways is not possible ( EDDB,EDDT ). The import of the gates works.  So it doesn't seem to be a one-time problem. I can also send you the corresponding files by email.
Andreas

There was a bug and it has been fixed for the next update.

Thanks for the offer to send files, etc.  That won't be necessary now.

Dave

• Like 2