Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

loading flight plan C441

How do most of you load your flight plans for the C441 GTN.  Do you start the engines first?  There is no ground power nor apu power.  And you don't start avionics before engine start.  I do have littlenavmap, so I can have the flight plane ready to load fairly quickly.  But I am sitting there with engines running for awhile. 

John K

Citing https://www8.garmin.com/aviation/brochures/gen_aviation_solutions.pdf:

GTN radios are available during power-up prior to engine start, so you save time on your departure.

So it seems this is an exception to the rule?

Additionally I think (but have not verified) that the real GTN can import flight plans from SD card. And there are some other way of transfer, I think there is a device called "Flight Stream" which pairs with an Android app to transfer flight plans using bluetooth.

In the end all this is probably independent from the aircraft, so asking in a GTN-centric forum might yield better results than my guesses above.

8 hours ago, johnk51 said:

How do most of you load your flight plans for the C441 GTN.  Do you start the engines first?  There is no ground power nor apu power.  And you don't start avionics before engine start.  I do have littlenavmap, so I can have the flight plane ready to load fairly quickly.  But I am sitting there with engines running for awhile. 

You can transfer your flight plan from littlenavmap directly to a folder which itself stores GTN flight plans (sorry, I forget the name of the folder and I'm not on my flight sim computer atm), then you can load your flight plan from the GTN itself without manually entering the waypoints.  Anyway, how long is your flight plan?  It doesn't take that long to enter a few waypoints, does it?

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

That's what I've been doing is exporting from littlenavmap to the GTN flight plan folder.  Lots of my other aircraft have ground or apu for setting up a flight.  And as you said, it doesn't take that long.  Thanks.

John K