Sign in to follow this  

Deadstick Bush Flight Simulator news

4 minutes ago, Holdit said:

(Having spent time in the not-real worlds of Far Cry, Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Fallout's Capitol Wasteland and Commonwealth, I can say that you get used to being somewhere fictional pretty quickly. :smile: )

That's the difference, perhaps. I don't even know how to spell those animals.

I like to fly in places where I either have been in RL or would like to be. But who knows, perhaps I want to live in Deadstick's Twin-Peaks-like region after having seen it in game?:smile:

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

That’s the thing, I suspect after a while of using it these mystical non existent places will in fact become real to us, the flight sim community. Just as real as anywhere else in the “real” world.

Look at Meigs field, it no longer exists in real life, but to us all ,it still does exist and is real (thanks to Orbx ) it’s our home !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I know for certain that if I had a choice of flying around in a superbly detailed fictional world or a default P3D rendition of the real world, I would choose the former without a second thought :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 6/13/2018 at 1:51 AM, pmb said:

Yep. That would include me. As a mostly GA flyer, I will certainly give Deadstick a spin, but the lack of real-world scenery is a major disadvantage in my eyes indeed. Even more, as I don't see an advantage of modelling a fictional part of the world over a real one.

There could be several advantages. It's a sim designed to recreate the challenge and fun of bush flying, so they can create a bunch of bush strips with unique and different challenges for takeoff and landing. Not every real-world bush strip is an "interesting" one. Hand-crafted situations -- "Can you clear that tree line on takeoff?" etc. -- could teach the skills better than finding the more challenging strips in the real world and recreating them. 

It also lets them place bush strips close enough together that you're not flying for an hour from one to the next. Bush flying in the real world has a lot of downtime between the high-adrenaline bits.

This all sounds a bit "gamey" I know, but if the intent is to maximize the time you spend doing challenging takeoffs and landings, it might be better than recreating the real world of bush flying. We can already do that to a limited extent with the existing civilian flight sims.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Another (possibly rather odd) 'advantage' over real world scenery is that it's always perfect. I mean, when you recreate real world scenes you will never be able to get everything exactly as it is in real life. There will be limitations, things missing, things wrong, etc. You simply can't recreate everything a 100%. So even though it may look sort of like the real thing, it never is the real thing. Fictional scenery is exactly as it is and hence should be. 😋 Every rock and every leave on every tree is perfect. As Paraffin said every strip will be perfect and interesting, distance will be great, weather will be awesome, and so on. The world in Deadstick will probably be a lot nicer and interesting than 'the real thing'.

How are they going to define the boundaries of the region?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Another (possibly rather odd) 'advantage' over real world scenery is that it's always perfect....You simply can't recreate everything a 100%. So even though it may look sort of like the real thing, it never is the real thing....The world in Deadstick will probably be a lot nicer and interesting than 'the real thing'.

We are quite the people aren't we?

If we wanted reality, the real thing, we would not be home, alone, sitting in front of a computer screen replacing and displacing some of our much less exciting realities anyway.

Woops sorry, please disregard that! 🎓 I am an aviation student learning to fly a 789.

🤐

An imaginary world like Deadstick is likely easier to pretend to be within as an imperfect reproduction of the real thing that makes us lose our self-hypnosis. It is what it is, which is nothing but our imagination and ability to play airplanes anyway.

I still love to flight sim, which in reality is a strange form of self indulgent delusion!

So what? Looking forward to more...

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: Back to reading my nearly 600 pages of 787 flight manuals. 😎

Edited by SpiritFlyer

It might be a fun sim... be careful though... might break your plane!

Edited by TuFun

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Another (possibly rather odd) 'advantage' over real world scenery is that it's always perfect. I mean, when you recreate real world scenes you will never be able to get everything exactly as it is in real life. There will be limitations, things missing, things wrong, etc. You simply can't recreate everything a 100%. So even though it may look sort of like the real thing, it never is the real thing. Fictional scenery is exactly as it is and hence should be. 😋 Every rock and every leave on every tree is perfect. As Paraffin said every strip will be perfect and interesting, distance will be great, weather will be awesome, and so on. The world in Deadstick will probably be a lot nicer and interesting than 'the real thing'.

Also, since the plane is fictional you can't possibly have anyone complaining that it doesnt fly like the real thing.........

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Also, since the plane is fictional you can't possibly have anyone complaining that it doesnt fly like the real thing.........

You wanna bet no one will complain that it does not fly like the real thing?

LOLOLOL! :cool:

Are you kidding Devon?

Remember what some of the members we all know sometimes act like when they get a bit...ah, annoyed over something, :blink: from time to time...

Doesn't matter! It will be fun!

Kind regards,

Spirit flyer :smile:

Stephen

I have it uninstalled ! 😎

From the videos the coefficient of moment due to sideslip appears totally out of sync with reality.

There are problems with the tachometer readings, and I bet the stability derivatives aren't that precise.

Also noticed the flow of fuel was not influenced by the corrosion on the can, which is a shame because I was long  waiting for it to be correctly simulated.

Didn't the wind veer too intensively on that flying over the tree tops ? Are they correctly modelling tree top drag effects ?  

And those circuit breakers - their operation didn't produce the typical "click" we ear IRL. C'mon, this is a true must !

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

You wanna bet no one will complain that it does not fly like the real thing?

LOLOLOL! :cool:

Are you kidding Devon?

Remember what some of the members we all know sometimes act like when they get a bit...ah, annoyed over something, :blink: from time to time...

Doesn't matter! It will be fun!

Kind regards,

Spirit flyer :smile:

Stephen

Flight sim forums: Sweating the details.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5