Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

yes, another AI traffic thread....

I'm currently using MyTraffic 6 in P3Dv4. I've been using MT6 for quite a while now and it pretty much does the job it's meant to do. However, I'm seeing some competitors on the market. Mainly Ultimate Traffic Live and this new Global Traffic that's due for release fairly soon. My question is this: Is MT6 old and outdated? Would I see much benefit in changing my AI software? Or is a good case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Do you get any GA traffic?

Can you tweak it so that only AI near your flight plan/path, airports show up, rather than the whole world is populated during your flight?

T45

These days there are far better models out there all are free baring the fspxai models, so it depends how you like the eye candy on show

For me its pretty important so i use the better models and create a custom  ai traffic setup

Pete Little

MyTraffic6 - the developer has been unwell for some time and develpment seems to have stopped - .bgl based

Ultimate Traffic Live - the developer is injured and development is on hold - injects traffic

Just Flight - Traffic Global - Early Access - .bgl based - Judging by comments on multiple forums - not evan an alpha version

Roll your own - probably the best option but incredibly time consuming.

I own MyTraffic6 but use UT Live if I want AI.

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Another option is PSXSeeconTraffic. Contrary to Ultimate Traffic "Live", it's really live, i.e. you see the birds as in reality (or time-delayed, as an option). It can use any of the AI planes coming with the other programs or freeware like BVIA (or even a mix).

The program itself is free but requires a Real Traffic service which is subscription-based and not really cheap. However, there is a time-limited trial avaible for this service.

I use this alternating with Ultimate Traffic Light. It has even less fps impact than the latter. Occasionally I observe a plane to behave irregularly, why ever, but otherwise it works fine. Plus, the author is 100x more responsive than the one from Ultimate Traffic Live.

As a sidenote: UTLive and PSXSeeconTraffic model GA traffic as well, Traffic Global does not.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Here I use PSXseeconTraffic with many payware ( Simflight ) and freeware models ...

Very accurate modelled aircraft. It did cost some money but now I have HD AI aircraft...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I presently use Ultimate Traffic Live with P3Dv4.  It's "all right" for a general setup, with plausibly realistic traffic.

10 years ago in FSX, I had a gigantic array of self-made traffic BGL's, and dozens and dozens of AI models.  That took me a lot of time to set up, but it was sweetly good!   That's the best setup, in my opinion.   Or, you could use a commercial product plus your custom-made bgl's.

Another drawback no one has mentioned, is that bgl traffic files have more of a fps impact than does the injected/simconnect style traffic.  We (meaning some of us at FSDeveloper) tested this a long time ago in FSX, so it's possible that with today's hardware, and possible changes with the P3D architecture, that has changed for the better.

You can supposedly make your own bgl's using AIFP (AI Flight Planner) -- but this is something i have not done yet myself (and may not have time to do!).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

neal / all

my happy balance is the AIFP way ...... almost recent schedules, latest & quality paints but with just an airlines standard livery & hence compatible with all atc addons.

when compiling an airline's schedule / plans, I also delete both aircraft & flights that never visit my regular airports (eg only use BAW heavies across the atlantic) .... end result less fps impact (as good as UTL) & less time to compile.

that said, i've never used MT6 to compare, but it is "better" than UTL (free & works with VOXATC).

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, Mace said:

Another drawback no one has mentioned, is that bgl traffic files have more of a fps impact than does the injected/simconnect style traffic.  We (meaning some of us at FSDeveloper) tested this a long time ago in FSX, so it's possible that with today's hardware, and possible changes with the P3D architecture, that has changed for the better.

There's actually no performance difference between simconnect injected traffic and BGL traffic. It ALL comes down to the number of aircraft that your AI is adding to the sim. Using the same models and liveries as BGL traffic, Simconnect injected traffic will not perform better in FSX or P3d. On that note, the whole reason why people who say that PSXseeconTraffic performs better is solely due to the fact that it's not displaying as many aircraft within the area around the user at the time.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Cheers everyone for the replies. I'm thinking that for my purposes, MT6 is probably good enough, and the benefits to be gained by switching to another AI software are pretty minimal. So I think I'll probably stay with MT6.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I use psx seecon and I've added registrations to my AI aircraft so if the aircraft is in star alliance livery, it will show in star alliance livery. It was alot of work to set up but the results are worth it

Been using MT6 forever. It works, and works well. To me, the models don't look that bad, and frankly I don't spend a great deal of my sim time sitting at airports counting rivets on the other aircraft. I use FSUIPC traffic manager and am happy with what I see and the FPS I am getting. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I have never liked the look of those MyTraffic AI models. A handful of them were used in Ultimate Traffic 2, and the difference in quality was very noticeable when compared to the others. When I used Ultimate Traffic 2, I replaced the MT models (A380/BAe 146/ATR/CRJ/Embraer ERJ) with much better quality freeware models.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I’ve also used MT6 for ages and am happy with it. One aspect was annoying though. Gates would be filled with Ai that weren’t due to depart for hours. This has two problems:-

1) At several airports there were few gates available when I landed. I had to park on the apron rather than a gate at airports like LPPT.

2) More Ai means less VAS and lower FPS.

I’ve been pointed to Lorby’s RemoveAiSleepers program. This has transformed things for me. It will remove any Ai within a radius of 30nm that won’t depart in the next 90 mins. Those numbers can be tweaked as required.

I now see fewer aircraft but more ground movements and landings because the sim is filled with aircraft that will be doing something, not remain static.

I highly recommend it to MT6 owners. The bad news for UTL owners is it isn’t compatible with that program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve also used MT6 for ages and am happy with it. One aspect was annoying though. Gates would be filled with Ai that weren’t due to depart for hours. This has two problems:-

1) At several airports there were few gates available when I landed. I had to park on the apron rather than a gate at airports like LPPT.

2) More Ai means less VAS and lower FPS.

I’ve been pointed to Lorby’s RemoveAiSleepers program. This has transformed things for me. It will remove any Ai within a radius of 30nm that won’t depart in the next 90 mins. Those numbers can be tweaked as required.

I now see fewer aircraft but more ground movements and landings because the sim is filled with aircraft that will be doing something, not remain static.

I highly recommend it to MT6 owners. The bad news for UTL owners is it isn’t compatible with that program.

i found this with UT2 and UT Live with the data they have they dont optimise it using turnarounds. 

So for example they have bought data from OAG , Flightstats or Sabre etc etc which shows for example last nights KLAS to EGKK the vs44 and todays VS65 EGKK-MJKS,

but it doesnt know that the VS44 turned in EGKK onto the VS65 some 3 1/2 hours later.  Theres no way they would know.  So with UT Live in P3D that VS44 will sit on the ground doing nothing and then the VS65 will spawn onto the Gate to do the VS65, but your have 2 a/c on stands when it should only be 1 because its not optimised to do a turnaround like MRAI and AIFP does.  

Now imagine easyjet  then that has some 70 a/c at gatwick doing 386 flights today in and out.  You just get an obscene amount of a/c (with easyjets stats around 386/2=196) hanging around taking up gates doing nothing until they disappear. This is one of the problems with importing a ton of data from OAG which is what they have done and not optimising it. 

Ill agree with UT live its a staggering amount of airlines theyve imported, just its not optimised like Ray here has said  

14ppkc-6.png