Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Traffic 3d Sounds

Hi all, 

anyone out there using Alan Constable's Traffic 3d Sounds?  I'm using them with Ultimate Traffic 2 and some of my own custom AI.  The one problem I'm haivng is that the sounds are very low.  Unless I'm positioned right by one of the AI, the sounds can barely be heard.  I'm running P3dV4's engine sound slider at around 75%.  So i'm just wondering if anyone is using this program with acceptable sound levels.  

I'm running Win 7

Richard

I use them and they are far away from being low. Sometimes, they are rather to loud for me. I also do not have the sound slider up to 100%, somewhere between 50 and 80. BUT: I use the "newer" sound set for UTLive. It works also for UT2, you simply have to adjust things manually. Might be the reason why my sounds are louder...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm on the hunt for replacement AI sounds.  Any recommendations?

Hi Chris,

What level do you have your other sound sliders set to in P3dv4*?  I'll try to match yours and see if that helps me.  Thnx!

Richard Bansa

I could wrong about this but I always thought that the engine sound slider in P3d controls both user and AI aircraft engine volume.

12 hours ago, Slick9 said:

What level do you have your other sound sliders set to in P3dv4*?  I'll try to match yours and see if that helps me.  Thnx!

50% for Engines, 65% for Cockpit, 75% for Environment and 100% for Voice. "Mute on Lost Focus" unticked. And, I always make sure that as a device in the dropdown menues on the left panel, the sound chip I have (SoundBlaster Z) is selected, not the "Default device".

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

34 minutes ago, kand said:

All you need for your entire fleet here, and freeware http://k-akai.blogspot.co.uk/

The AiTRSP1.71 is incredible, really improves AI sound 

Thanks for the link. But the download link appears to be broken. When I click the pack it says:

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

50% for Engines, 65% for Cockpit, 75% for Environment and 100% for Voice. "Mute on Lost Focus" unticked. And, I always make sure that as a device in the dropdown menues on the left panel, the sound chip I have (SoundBlaster Z) is selected, not the "Default device".

Thnx Chris, I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I could wrong about this but I always thought that the engine sound slider in P3d controls both user and AI aircraft engine volume.

Jay - i think the "Engine" slider only applies to the users aircraft, the "Environment" slider is what controls AI engine sounds.  I did some testing at KMIA last night, turned Engine slider to 0 and still had AI sound, when I turned the Environment sounds down, the AI went silent.  At least that's how my system is right now, it's possible my setup is a little messed up.

Richard

19 minutes ago, Slick9 said:

Jay - i think the "Engine" slider only applies to the users aircraft, the "Environment" slider is what controls AI engine sounds.  I did some testing at KMIA last night, turned Engine slider to 0 and still had AI sound, when I turned the Environment sounds down, the AI went silent.  At least that's how my system is right now, it's possible my setup is a little messed up.

Actually, I think that they both may impact the sounds, depending on the view chosen. Within the User's VC, the Environment slider seems to control the volume. Choose a view of a specific AI aircraft and the engines slider seems to control the volume. I'm totally confused.

5 hours ago, kand said:

Yes, menu broken, but if you go down the page to older posts it appears http://k-akai.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/ai-traffic-sound-pack-171.html

Got it now, many thanks

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

There is a new version for Ultimate Traffic Live that works well.  I've been using his sounds for years.

Cheers bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I have yet to see any product developed for FlightSim that can mimic the low rumble of an AI jet taking off in the sim.

7 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I have yet to see any product developed for FlightSim that can mimic the low rumble of an AI jet taking off in the sim.

While it is all possible since the AI sounds work not much different from the flyable aircraft one, the problem is there is a bug with AI sound engine or perhaps the fs sound engine itself that will have them playing at full volume even at idle thrust when multiple times a sound pack is in use. Thus causing immediate immersion breaking and annoyance, probably for this reason the AI sounds are designed in moderation of both detail and volume until the bug is found and addressed.