Sign in to follow this  
AirShow

Avoid FlightSimStore.com - Website has been down for the past week!

Hello,

This is a heads up to not shop on flightsimstore.com at the moment. Even though the store end of their website *seems* functional, you cannot download any of your purchases! Even worse, this problem has persisted for a whole week now! I emailed them on Sunday and they haven't even bothered to respond, even though I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of products from their store over the past couple of months.

Before this week, I thought of these guys as my second favorite store, after justflight.com, but now...wow. This is unacceptable for any site wishing to do business in the gaming DLC industry. Can you imagine if Steam just went down for a week and ignored customer emails?

In conclusion, if you are looking to buy FSX, XP11 or P3D software, go to a stable, professional, store, like justflight.com, or one of the other serious ones out there. This website hasn't worked for the past week, and there is no word on when it will be back up and operational again. Here is the only message they have given their customers, for being down for the past week:

6FJC8x1.png

• Like 1

maybe  they  cant  receive  emails   because  of  the updates

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  they  cant  receive  emails   because  of  the updates

Hmm, interesting, that might be the case. However, I am getting an automated reply in response to my emails, so it seems like their email server is functional:

"from:The FlightSim Store Support <desk@flightsimstore.com>

Thank you for submitting your request. We have received your request and are working on responding to you as soon as possible. If you have any additional information to add to this case, please reply to this email."

could most likely  be  the  standard  response  when  there  servers  are  down

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah, sounds to me like they'll be back online when they get their servers updated. Just be patient.

mmmm.....well I sent an email to customer support about 3 weeks ago asking them to update Ant's Drifter to v2.0, which has been available since Februrary.  I never received a response.

I eventually contacted the developer to ask him to give the FSS store a nudge.  He also failed to get a reply from them ....and gave me a new download link instead.

After that I downloaded everything I had ever bought from them and started keeping an eye on the forums. Let's hope it's just a glitch.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

The site has been slow adding new products for months now. I also recall the maintainer having health issues a longer time ago already which might have re-surfaced. In addition, the ORBX debacle certainly was hard to digest - if at all.

I bought quite a number of products via The Flightsim Store, mostly during their ORBX time. I would have liked to go on doing so, but given recent issues I stay away now. I guess I am not alone, which may aggreviate their issues.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hm, makes you wonder where you'd have to get new installers whenever you want to do a clean reinstall... I hope most developers will give you access to installers whenever a site like this goes down? I've done most of my purchases on FSS.

BTW Maybe all of this has to do with the hacking problems that also brought FSFiles down? In that case this could be a temporary problem.

I read elsewhere that since Orbx moved to direct sales the team has scaled down at FSS to just Adrian on his own, hence why things seem to take a bit longer. I've had to contact him as well for a couple of updates that were overdue and he has eventually gotten back to me with the updated files each time. The last time I had to contact him he got back to me within 3-4 days.

Have you tried contacting him via Facebook/Messenger? FSS have a page on there and that might get you a quicker response.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

They do exist

I got the following reply to a comment requesting information and pointing out that lack it it was causing rumors in forums.

A little more information would be appreciated by many and may prevent rumors happening on other forums.

· Reply · 3h

The FlightSim Store We tend to pay very little attention to rumours. The main content delivery seed server has required unexpected maintenance. That's really all there is to it. It is very unfortunate that it is taking so long but we are at the mercy of the service provider.

I am pleased to hear this as it was my main store and I know he has done a good job in the pastg.  I have now decided to spread my purchases more so I do not lose everything if one disappears.  Information is important.

Harry Woodrow

I  too have purchased quite a number aircraft and sceneries from FSS, l always take the precaution of keeping a download backup....just in case.

However I did'nt keep a backup of Justsim's  LFMN Nice, and all I get when trying to download is "Unable to locate this folder".

After repeated emails to both FSS & Justsim enquiring whether  they still enjoy a business  partnership............... not a dicky bird.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

These guys are the best store out there, they will sort it out

Matthew Kane

Z7DLU5t.jpg

"Provider has failed to deliver", are we potentially talking about moving provider and terabytes of files? They could be down for a long time if that's the case.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 5/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, signmanbob said:

Yeah, sounds to me like they'll be back online when they get their servers updated. Just be patient.

It's a been a week. This is not about being patient or not. This is simply unprofessional.

• Like 1