Sign in to follow this  
AirShow

Avoid FlightSimStore.com - Website has been down for the past week!

2 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

These guys are the best store out there, they will sort it out

These guys don't even respond to their customer emails for weeks, and have  officially been down for over a week. They are quickly racing to become the worst store out there, since they take your money and won't let you download your purchases.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:24 AM, harrry said:

They do exist

Do they? I still have no reply to my customer service email to them, from over a week ago.

I have now decided to spread my purchases more so I do not lose everything if one disappears.

That's a good call, and I do it as well. I wish there was a shared license method for flight sim addons, similar to how Movies Anywhere does it. Then you could just download them anywhere, including directly from the author, regardless of what store you purchased them from.

Edited by AirShow

On 5/11/2018 at 11:56 PM, TonyD said:

I eventually contacted the developer to ask him to give the FSS store a nudge.  He also failed to get a reply from them ....and gave me a new download link instead.

Well at least you got lucky and were able to sort it out through the developer. Nice!

I have yet to hear back from these jokers, so I might have to try the same route you did. Am also trying to see if I can get a refund processed, so that I can buy these products from another store.

This place will clearly go down again in the future, if this is how they run their business.

On 5/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, pmb said:

I bought quite a number of products via The Flightsim Store, mostly during their ORBX time. I would have liked to go on doing so, but given recent issues I stay away now. I guess I am not alone, which may aggreviate their issues.

Same like you, brother. I stay loyal to a store that has good service. All this store had to do, was offer the ability to download a purchase. In this day and age, it's not rocket science to get a server up and running. There are hundreds of services out there that will do it for you.

Furthermore, these guy have been in business for a while, so they should have some experience with getting a new server up and running when they need to. There is no excuse for a server being down for weeks on end, when you have customers waiting to download hundreds of dollars worth of purchases they made.

Glad you agree and that I am not the only one frustrated by their unprofessional behavior.

TonyD's suggestion about going directly to the developer  is a good practical one.

I had to do that for a FlighrSim Store matter in the past couple of days.

Four years ago, I had bought from FSS the Virtualcol SAAB Regional Pack. Recently, version 2.0 was released and is available at a 40% discount to owners of the earlier version if bought from the same store.

My problem was that FSS does not have v2.0 shown on its website but, even if it had been there, the current problem discussed above would appear to prevent me downloading it.

I emailed Virtualcol and got a quick response from Luis who made arrangements for me to get the updated product directly from the Virtualcol Store at the discounted price.

He told me that of the ten external retail stores which have historically stocked the Virtualcol products, only Simmarket, FS Pilot Shop and the Australian and US stores of PC Aviator have listed for sale the supplied v2.0. FSS is in the list of the six other stores which Luis mentioned and he said that people who bought the earlier version from stores other than the four which are currently selling v2.0 can contact Virtualcol via the Contact page on its website (indicating where the product was purchased) and they will be sent a coupon code to purchase the upgraded version at the reduced price from the Virtualcol Store, much like what I did.

Gary

Edited by Gartro
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gartro said:

TonyD's suggestion about going directly to the developer  is a good practical one.

That only works if you actually get the option to do it. I've come across sceneries where I didn't have the choice of doing that because their only option available to buy it was via SimMarket, for instance. There's some where you have multiple stores to pick from, but I've come across a few where you only have one choice.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

So without getting all worked up about this - from what I can tell, his 3rd party content server he uses has failed him. Hardly his fault, sounds like he is looking for another provider. Stuff happens! Sure, he could be a bit better at explaining what is going on but he has a notice on his front page making it clear most products can't be downloaded so I'm not sure what more you expect from him other than a bit more info.

If you REALLY need the products you can't download, log into your FSS account, grab the purchase details, shoot an email to the developer including your purchase details and what file you need and I am sure they will get back to you promptly with updates/products you wish to download.

Sorry but informing other people that the site isn't fully functional is great but wasting time spreading innuendo and opinions about how someone else runs their business isn't going to solve anyone's problems.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

This subject has been answered several times very well.

Please hang in there until the owner gets a new service provider and you can d/l again.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals