Sign in to follow this  
bruskey

Not Responding or Slow Response 2.5.0.3

Hello, I updated to 2.5.0.3 and now the responsiveness of the application has slowed way down. In 2.5.0.2 import a flight plan maybe 5 to 10 seconds, in 2.5.0.3 at least a minute or i get a "not responding" message in the import window at top. Also, other areas like searching for way point or sid or star takes much longer and i also get a "not responding" message until it finally loads. I did install latest navigraph update. Anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce / Dave. I too am seeing big delays in every aspect of the flight planning section. Everything from selecting airport as departure / destination to validate and file causes these hang ups. What used to take 30 seconds to plan a simple route with a SID and an approach now takes 5 + minutes. Don’t know if the location has any impact but the specific airports for me were EGCB , EGGP, and EGCC. 

Eveything outside of flight planning seems normal.

cheers

Jules

Bruce and Jules,

Thanks for the report.  I think I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Problem is still their with my installation.
Download and installation yesterday 04.12.18 using in trial mode.

Version 2.5.0.6_x64_R6 with Navigraph AIRAC 1812

Any advice?

Cheers
Stephan

Edited by HarlekinSimplex

This issue has been fixed for quite some time so more details would be needed to see what might be going on with your installation.  

The latest release is version 2.5.0.7, so you could download and install the Update if you like.  Just install over your current trial installation and it should work.

Let me know exactly what functions are "slow".  Autoplan and Validate do normally take some time (over a minute for long flights).  You can uncheck the option to "Calculate Safe Enroute Altitudes" and that will speed them up a little. Entering waypoints should be quite responsive.

Dave

Hi Dave,

installed 2507 - same issue.

Starting up P2ATC takes more than a minute.
Loading / Importing a flight plan takes a very long time (sim up and running but not connected).
The delay appears while accessing dep / arv procedures as well.
Even infligth the whole route handling seems to suffer tremendous lags too.
Yesterday I closed the app, just to complete the flight without further ATC.... doh.

Interestingly the titles of the pop up windows seem corrupt...
They are named like frmSIDs, frmSTARs etc.

Earlier today I installed the new navigraph AIRAC cycle.

Closing the sim and restarting P2ATC led to a better performance.
But still the pop up tiltes are preceded by 'frm'.

No clue what may be wrong here.
Hope that helps.

Cheers
Stephan

Edited by HarlekinSimplex

Stephan,

The names of the popups was a bug and will be fixed in the next release.  Thanks for catching that.

The performance issue sounds like a possible PC resource issue, especially since it is better when the SIM is not running.  Most common performance problems occur when RAM is less than 16GB.  

The specific functions you mention can be slowed down considerably if you have the "Calculate Safe EnRoute Altitudes" option turned on.  It is located on the main P2A Setup tab in config.  Try unchecking that option and see if it helps.

Another performance hit could occur if your internet is slow or intermittent.

Dave

Hi Dave,

unticked the altitude option - no improvements.

But I witnessed somezhing else.

Onetime, as P2ATC showed whitend screen with (not responding) in the titel, I could see that there was the com popup open at the taskbar, but I was not able to bring it to the front.

So it looked that the main screen went into modal mode without bringing the popup up.

So its not a overload scenario or a low memory situation. P2ATC simply freezes (no CPU activity, no files activity, not network activity) for a while and then comes back after a kind of timeout interval without showing the pop up.
And if they show eventually there ist a huge initial lag when trying to drag the window around.
The Config Popup comes up very quickly but shows that drag delay as well.

Other Windows Application I still have open are responding as usual. No performance issues here.

It looks like its a problem with P2ATC GUI or libray you use here.

Maybe a follow up issue of the frmXXX problem.

That makes evaluation of the app on my side quite a challenge.

Cheers
Stephan

BTW.

I have 8GB and there is a lot of memory still available.
Thes issues are there even if nothing else but P2ATC is running.

It is just a bit better.

Cheers

Stephan