Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

[12MAY18] First Cockpit Video Preview of the PMDG 747-8

Preparing for another test flight from LGAV to WSSS I thought that you might wanted to see some of the new features included in the upcoming PDMG 747-8 expansion pack.

As I also say in the video this is still under development so some features might change until the final release

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 16
  • Upvote 5

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Great! So if I have Navigraph charts subscription can I read my charts inside the cockpit ?

Thanks, regards

Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Looks Fantastic!!

Is it possible to have the EFB undocked to a tablet/Ipad device via Wifi connection?

Many thanks 

David Reeves

27 minutes ago, A320wolf said:

Great! So if I have Navigraph charts subscription can I read my charts inside the cockpit ?

Thanks, regards

Max

That’s what he said in the video.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

That’s what he said in the video.

Ok, thanks just to be sure 😉

Regards, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

That navigraph subscription is looking amazing. Great job!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Only downside is I will have to commit to a navigraph subscription...or would this come with a complimentary AIRAC update. .. is it AIRAC?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, A320wolf said:

Thanks, regards

Max

Did you watched the Video?

Okay now I better just hit replay before I get a warning for inappropriate language.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Only downside is I will have to commit to a navigraph subscription...or would this come with a complimentary AIRAC update. .. is it AIRAC?

They said that Aerosoft will be made available too.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

31 minutes ago, Boomer said:

You need to have charts subscription which is not the same as the Airac. Navigraph charts are cloud based so it is not possible to have a free one like the airac.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The charts subscription is worth it in any case just to avoid frantically Googling charts only to find 10-year-old PDFs.

Alex Pugh

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The charts subscription is worth it in any case just to avoid frantically Googling charts only to find 10-year-old PDFs.

I can confirm this, definitely worth the price, especially when flying online

Looks promising! Can the pdf reader read any pdf's? Because I personally use pdf charts. 

Also (and yes, I know this is still beta, but I better say it now than when it's too late): Will the yoke (removing the checklist and changing the geometry a bit) be fixed? And I also spotted the same bug/inaccuracy that is currently present in the -400, namely the wrong accu-break pressure reading (way too low). The parking brake still works but the reading doesn't make any sense.

Edited by serviceceiling

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

You need to have charts subscription which is not the same as the Airac. Navigraph charts are cloud based so it is not possible to have a free one like the airac.

Will the EFB provide a "moving map" feature?  As this is possible with Navigraph and Simlink.