Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

[12MAY18] First Cockpit Video Preview of the PMDG 747-8

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

This is amazing news, what I've always wanted while flying is an EFB with charts and a PDF viewer! PMDG should make this EFB as a stand alone app so we can use this for any aircraft in which we're flying, this would be so handy! There are no currently no working EFBs for P3D. This is a much needed tool that I have always wished to have when flying. I'm glad PMDG has finally stepped up to create this! I am super excited and can't wait to have this in the 777 and 747-4 and NG3 as well! 

I would hope that there would be another way to get our charts for those of us who can't afford or who don't want a subscription service. I totally understand, because it's not worth it for me, because I don't have much time to fly consistently. I fly when I get a chance, so a subscription is not feasible for me. I would like to be able to add in my own charts somehow. I hope PMDG will incude a chart feature for us non-subscribers as well.

Actually, the Avilasoft EFB was works great in P3Dv4.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

37 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, the Avilasoft EFB was works great in P3Dv4.

I have that and I disagree, it may work well, but the UI of it is horrible. I prefer the PMDG's take on it much better. Aivlasoft's UI looks outdated and bloated.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The PMDG implementation will be much the same as its real-world equivalent.😃

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Can`t wait to try this in VR! The QW787 and FlightFactor A320 EFBs already work relatively well, but this one is very close to the real thing. The Navigraph integration also means that there is no need to pin 2D windows to the 3D cockpit anymore.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

@JA806A

LOL! You're really itching for trouble!
(I have reported your post - for obvious reasons...)

When did common decency go 'down the drain'?

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 5/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, serviceceiling said:

And I also spotted the same bug/inaccuracy that is currently present in the -400, namely the wrong accu-break pressure reading (way too low). The parking brake still works but the reading doesn't make any sense.

Why? I don't get it. Not a 747 driver here, but on the 737 you can perfectly have the parking brake set and the indication anywhere between zero and the green band, as long as your system B is off and the accu is more or less depleted, e.g. if you hit the brake a few times. Don't know a thing about the 747 but I would assume it could be a similar system design so intuitively I would not know why that px should be too low. In fact it could be a lot lower, i.e. zero.

Edited by badderjet

Gents,

Pictures (and videos) of beta projects will likely have oddities in them. This combo of versions (Chris' 744 and 748) still had the issue when he recorded. We've released several since then. Looking back at the GFO presentation, it was fixed in that, which was a couple versions back by now.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

And this is the reason I say the disclaimer at the beginning of the video 🙂

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 6/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, GCBraun said:

The QW787 [...] EFBs already work relatively well,

Yeah... if you like to do all te work yourself to include airports to work with basic features of this airplane... I‘m really glad that PMDG would never dare to give it to us like this.

35 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I‘m really glad that PMDG would never dare to give it to us like this.

Honestly...I'm lazy. I recognize that a lot of other people share that trait, so a lot of my software work is an attempt to sidestep major hurdles that make things difficult.

All the same, they simply took a different approach. As a dev, I can appreciate that.

Kyle Rodgers

On 6/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, captain420 said:

I have that and I disagree, it may work well, but the UI of it is horrible. I prefer the PMDG's take on it much better. Aivlasoft's UI looks outdated and bloated.

Well, someone said that there weren't any EFBs for V4, so I was just kindly letting them know there was one - individual tastes aside.  Personally, I love it and run it along with Navigraph Charts and several other programs.

Maybe you'll like the Avilasoft EFB V2 better, out in about a week.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

they simply took a different approach. As a dev, I can appreciate that.

I'm not, obviously, a software guy., But having around 100 addon airports with at leat half of them being able to handle a 787 it's not my personal preference to search and insert airport charts and maps (or even create them myself) to show up in the EFB's charts or on the ND's airport map. 

7 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Yeah... if you like to do all te work yourself to include airports to work with basic features of this airplane... I‘m really glad that PMDG would never dare to give it to us like this.

I was talkin about its usage in VR and not about the functionalities of the EFB itself.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

GCBraun,

I’m with you on seeing the EFB in VR, the only environment I fly in using FlyInside. All the charts and documents in full view under the hood!

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB