Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

[12MAY18] First Cockpit Video Preview of the PMDG 747-8

kityatyi is right. The 747 will have the same fate as the MD11. Bone yard

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, raflucgr said:

Actually, you cannot open any window in the flightdeck on either the -400 or the -8. If I am not mistaken, there are already some additional animations in the VC compared to previous products. Off the top of my head, the escape hatch and the sun blinds.

The Valu-Jet DC-9 that went down in the Florida Everglades had a cockpit/cabin that immediately filled up with smoke due to improperly stored Oxygen Canisters in the cargo hold.  The co-pilot, initials RH was a close friend of our family.  Sadly, no one on call sign Critter 592 survived but the last sound heard on the cockpit recorder was someone cracking the cockpit window in an attempt to clear enough of the smoke to see the instruments.

So, while it might have had value in this instance in another Universe, sadly the fire spread so fast that there wasn't anything to be done regardless of being able to crack the cockpit windows.  They dug that plane out of 5 feet of submerged muck but since went down vertically there wasn't much to recover bigger than a coffee can.

It was such a horrible event they changed the name of the entire airline to ATA.  The CVR recording used to be online but these things are not posted anymore due to respect for the families. 

Mark Trainer

On 5/13/2018 at 6:51 AM, MarkW said:

Am I the only one having trouble getting excited about the 8?  I have the 400 and love it but the 8 with its very limited list of real world operators (only Lufthansa, Air China and Korean with orders for Cathay in the pax space and then only cargo for the rest.....none of whom have actually taken a delivery btw) is just not doing it for me.  I am sure its great but where will I fly it?  I tend to like to fly either current or history real world routes and operators and none of these would be of interest really....except maybe UPS once they take delivery.  I just can't see myself purchasing this expansion based on its very limited real world use.

ever thought CLX cargolux flights??

On 5/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, Diehl said:

kityatyi is right. The 747 will have the same fate as the MD11. Bone yard

Will have? I think it already has: This is the first PMDG product that leaves me completely flat.

Flightaware: 2018-05-22 12:00 GMT

30  MD11  McDonnell Douglas MD-11
29  B712  Boeing 717-200
29  E75S  Embraer ERJ 175
29  MD88  McDonnell Douglas MD-88
26  B732  Boeing 737-200
26  DH8B  de Havilland Dash 8-200
25  B733  Boeing 737-300
23  B748  Boeing 747-8

The flight simulation community can be seriously critical at times....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Gents,

You all do realize that the stats you guys are all attempting to pin other people to are real time, right?

In order to get a realistic idea of what is actually going on, you'd need to take samples at multiple times per day because airplanes exist world wide, and fly at different times of day. What you all are doing is the equivalent of me standing on some California freeway at 3AM saying "you all are just too whiney about the traffic here - there's hardly any traffic on the freeways!"

Yeah...at 3AM, sure.

Wednesday in the evening rush? Best viewed on approach to LAX.

...but to get an accurate depiction of the traffic, the traffic makeup, and so on, you'd have to take a sample for a full day, at least.

#statistics #statisticalmethod

• Like 3

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

You all do realize that the stats you guys are all attempting to pin other people to are real time, right?

In order to get a realistic idea of what is actually going on, you'd need to take samples at multiple times per day because airplanes exist world wide, and fly at different times of day. What you all are doing is the equivalent of me standing on some California freeway at 3AM saying "you all are just too whiney about the traffic here - there's hardly any traffic on the freeways!"

Yeah...at 3AM, sure.

...but to get an accurate depiction of the traffic, the traffic makeup, and so on, you'd have to take a sample for a full day, at least.

Facts seldomly underline theories.

I never trust statistics, I personally haven't manipulated!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

17 hours ago, viperlid said:

I am sure its great but where will I fly it?

Take your pick of destination. It's a sim. With respect I don't understand why anyone needs to be bound by synchronising the route/airframe.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

I'm currently taking the UPS B744 on their 5X76/77 world tour flown with a B748:  KSDF OMDB ZGSZ PANC KSDF.  I found the long KSDF-OMDB leg could only accommodate a 65% payload with near full tanks due to ramp weight limit.... I am looking forward to how much more payload the B748 can carry on that route.  Just entered China from Myanmar now.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

Take your pick of destination. It's a sim. With respect I don't understand why anyone needs to be bound by synchronising the route/airframe.

My thoughts exactly.

Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM

12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

Yeah...at 3AM, sure.

Even a full week is not enough, IMHO

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

22 hours ago, downscc said:

I'm currently taking the UPS B744 on their 5X76/77 world tour flown with a B748:  KSDF OMDB ZGSZ PANC KSDF.  I found the long KSDF-OMDB leg could only accommodate a 65% payload with near full tanks due to ramp weight limit.... I am looking forward to how much more payload the B748 can carry on that route.  Just entered China from Myanmar now.

Weight wise, I would think a UPS jet wouldn't even come close to maximum payload weight anyhow unless they do any heavy hauling that I'm not aware of. Always thought they'd run out of space first before they maxed out on weight.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi,

Being I'm a big fan of the 747-400, I am excited..........really like the freighter version.

I am definitely looking forward to the 747-8, especially with all the new features. 

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB