Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Z

Cannot Set Joytick PTT Button

Thanks Todd.

That brings to mind an experiment you can try Bob, in addition to Todd's recommendation to check the Enable option before trying to set the button.

Select each of the other devices in the drop-down list and press a button or two on the Yoke.  If the button number pops up, then we'll know there's a device indexing problem.

Dave

I've tried Todd's recommendations earlier myself and it didn't work.  Nor did using a Game Pad.  I think it may be something with the installation.  What would uninstalling and reinstalling do to the trial?

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's a good idea at this point.  It may mess up the trial, but I can reset it if it does.

Be sure and run the installer as Admin, just in case it might make a difference.

If  the trial is disabled, contact me via email for a reset.  admin@pilot2atc.com

Dave

Reintalled.  Trial  working.  No joy.

Bob Zolto

Same issue for me. When I press set (Enabled or Disabled) my joysticks are listed but the Button Number is "-1"  and nothing I do can change it. I run it as administrator as well.....

This is a show stopper for me.  Otherwise I really like the P2ATC

Bob Zolto

I'm currently on the 10-day trial and cannot set my PTT as well. I am using the Saitek PRO Yoke / Throttle combo. Pilot2ATC is not recognizing any button presses from any of my controllers.

Hi Dave -- well, I'm having the same issue with v2.6.1.3.  The assignment works, but PTT does not on the controller (CH Pro Yoke).  I can use the PTT button in the app.  Any suggestions?

Make sure when you do the assignment that there is only one Joystick selection choice for the Yoke.  IF there are more, then Windows is giving P2A multiple drivers for that device and that issue would need to be fixed.

Also, make sure when setting the button that you do not try and enter a button number.  After selecting the controller you want, press the button on that controller and let P2A pick the number.

Make sure the SIM or P2A has the focus when you press the PTT button.

Or, there is an option at the bottom of the Btns tab of Config that can Require P2A or SIM focus.

You can uncheck that option and see if it starts working.  This will make all your Button and Keyboard assignments hot in any program that you use, so you must be careful or you may get unexpected results.

I've tried a number of combinations, but still no go.  To simplify things, p2a was the ^only^ app running during config.  Here's the very last thing I tried:

1. Close all apps, including xp11
  2. Close p2a
  3. Start p2a
  4. Click 'Config'
  5. Select the Speech tab
  6. Tick 'Enable' in the PTT Joystick section
  7. Click 'Set'
  8. Select 'CH Flight Sim Yoke USB' in the drop-down box
  9. Pressed the desired button on the yoke (lower-left red button)
  10. '9' automatically populates the Button Number box
  11. Click Save
  12. The PTT Joystick section looks as I would expect (Enabled, PTT Joystick = 'CH Flight Sim Yoke', Button number = '9'
  13. Click 'Config' to close
  14. Click 'Config' & 'Speech' again to verify
  15. Close config
  16. Exit p2a
  17. Start p2a
  18. Click 'Config' & 'Speech'
  19. The PTT Joystick section no longer is correct (no PTT Joystick selection, Button Number = 'Disabled'); however, 'Enable' was still ticked
    1. Note: If I exit p2a again & go back to the Speech tab, 'Enable' is no longer ticked

I am running p2a with Admin rights, FYI.  Any thoughts?

-c

There is an error in this version.  The new feature to toggle the Co-Pilot is mis-labeled on the Speech tab and looks like it's there to set the PTT button.  Clear these settings.

Go to the Btns tab to set the PTT Button and/or HotKey if you want it.  

Sorry about the confustion.

Dave

No worries - I'll give that a try.  BTW, before commenting I tried the other devices too (mouse button, keyboard hotkey), but they didn't work either.  I did notice, however, that the Copilot box would become unticked when I set the PTT device & button -- I noticed it after the CP no longer answered the ATC,,,

Thank you!

-c