Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Speeding up taxiing

Hi

It's new to me now, but a long time ago I was using FS9 (and before that, even),  I seem to remember there was either a setting or product that speeds the movement of aircraft from the runway. (I'm using FSX:SE now.)

If you have Ultimate Traffic, and you try EGKK (Gatwick, very busy with only one active runway), then you can see that you end up sitting there for ages to get a space on the runway for takeoff, and often that is only because the queue in front of you seems to time out and the aircraft disappear, then many of the landing aircraft have to go-around because they are so close to the one in front.  That actually helps in giving you space, but it's not exactly realistic.

Is there a way to speed up the aircraft that have landed off the runway? 

Thanks,

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

I use a program called Flusifix that has many options including speeding up taxi speed of AI traffic.   Can't link it using my Android pad, but a Google search should get you to it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sadly, whatever you do to try and speed up taxiing aircraft, will be unrealistic;  I guess, as Flt. simmers, we have got used to some extra needed un-realism to get to our intended target and satisfaction.   I do two things:  a.   lower the amount of ai aircraft (flying to or from EGKK and EGLL can become very frustrating with high ai settings).  b.  when sitting on the taxiway waiting for landing aircraft or other aircraft in front of me to move on, I just speed up the simulation a fraction to get them moving along.   If you're very short of time, then hit 8x and get rid of the whole lot of them.   Flusifix will do the job as suggested, along with its many other useful features, but it will mean that all your ai will constantly move at a faster pace.   The method I use for this frustration, lets me decide when I need them to go a little faster or back to normal speed.

I use the *Clear Approach* feature in UT2. Not realistic, but that doesn't bother me. It's a game!

Thanks for your replies - I didn't tell this site to t notify me of responses to my initial post! I forgot.. 😦

Anyway, the thing in UT sounds interesting. I use the Live version, so I'll have to see if it's there. Reducing the overall traffic is also possibly a good idea, but it's a shame to do it. 

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Gary

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary - remember that you can adjust traffic levels at any time with UT Live. F1 key increases it and F2 decreases it. The effect is immediate - no reloading required so you can adjust as needed. Also, if you use FSUIPC registered version there's a nice little hot button called TrafficZAP or something like that. I have it set to the x key so if there's ground or air traffic in front of me that is being a nuisance, I just hit x and there's a very satisfying "boom" and they vanish... I just wish there was such a button in real life to get rid of word not allowed drivers on the road.... Sigh, we can dream...

On 5/13/2018 at 10:27 AM, Angels40 said:

Sadly, whatever you do to try and speed up taxiing aircraft, will be unrealistic;

Just as a note; it's the runway vacatingspeed and taxispeed in FSX/P3D that's unrealistic.... In real life, vacating speed can be up to 40kts and on long straight taxiways taxiing at 30kts is no exception. In FSX/P3D vacating- and taxispeed is limited to 15kts which is just way to slow especially when the aircraft is on the runway far from an exit.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

20 minutes ago, fwerff said:

Just as a note; it's the runway vacatingspeed and taxispeed in FSX/P3D that's unrealistic.... In real life, vacating speed can be up to 40kts and on long straight taxiways taxiing at 30kts is no exception. In FSX/P3D vacating- and taxispeed is limited to 15kts which is just way to slow especially when the aircraft is on the runway far from an exit.

Thank you Frank:  can't disagree with your comments.