Sign in to follow this  
jore412

Ground traffic in busy areas

Hello,

i had a problem which I messaged to Nico. He already answered me but that everyone can benefit from his answer I post my issue here and Nico will answer it.

Hello Nico,

first of all thank you very much for the great program PSXSEECONTRAFFIC. It´s amazing.

I use it for some days now but yesterday I detected a problem.

At some airports, for example EDDF or EHAM, ground traffic isn´t shown but on Flightradar24 you can see there is a lot of ground traffic. Option SHOW GND TFC in Real Traffic is ticked. At other airports everthing is fine. At first day i when tried your program also ground traffic at EDDF worked.

I found out that RealTraffic doesn´t detect the ground traffic at this airports. So on the traffic display you can only see traffic which is airborne and miles away from the airport. Also the display of the nearest 7 aircraft shows that the ground traffic isn´t shown. But if I use the historic option, ground traffic is shown.

Again, at other airports it works.

I saw that in case of EDDF or EHAM the number of aircrafts in the area was more than in other areas. EDDF 300 and more, EHAM 200 and more.

Is there a limitation of Real Traffic for aircrafts so it doesn´t show or deletes the nearest traffic on ground? Or do you have another idea what causes the problem? I reinstalled everything in reference with PSXSEECONTRAFFIC but it doesn´t help.

Here is an image where you can see PSXSEECONTRAFFIC Settings and that RealTraffic isn´t reading the ground traffic:

094b1f-1526202598.jpg

And here the situation in FR24 at the same time:

5d7326-1526202580.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Greetings

Jonas

Edited by jore412

Hallo Jonas,

What you see is just a small problem in RealTraffic, it sometimes does not have ground traffic in its stream. Try it an hour later and it is okay again. It has nothing to do with busy airports. There is no limit in RealTraffic. I think it is caused by a local ADS-B feeder that is temporaraly down.

You write that you are using my program for a few days now, so I can tell you that I use it (almost dayly) for more then two years now at EHAM and also quite often at EDDF and this problem only occurred to me say less then 10 times....

Enjoy!

Regards,

Nico

Yeah thank you, checked it a few minutes ago and it works. So it seemed to be by hazard that stream was down when I tried it few days ago. 

Thank you!