Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Question on Jersey Airport

Wondering if someone has P3D version 3.4 and could look at EGJJ and see if they have a grass hill about halfway down the active runway. Been troubleshooting this for a couple of days and it seems like this may be a problem with the default runway at that airport. but not sure. 

Thanks,

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It looks like the problem is caused by my new install of Orbx  FTX  England. When I disable it, problem goes away. When I enable the EUeng06_cvx.bgl, the problem immediately appears. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob,

I have the UK2000 version and there’s no problem with that. I’ve flown into Jersey several times in real world and the runway at the western end is close to a cliff. Sounds like the terrain might be out a bit or the airport not correctly positioned.

LATER: Just seen your second post.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you have FTX England, look up the Control Panel and "untick FTX England features for3rd party addon compatibility". There is one item: Jersey Airport EGJJ.

That should do it,

Cheers,

Pîerre

Pierre

3 minutes ago, ppo said:

If you have FTX England, look up the Control Panel and "untick FTX England features for3rd party addon compatibility". There is one item: Jersey Airport EGJJ.

That should do it,

Cheers,

Pîerre

I untick all those except trees when I installed it.  I just checked now to make sure they were still unticked. 

Hi Bob,

With me there is no hill anywhere is sight of EGJJ runway.  I normally use UK2000 which is ok as well.

Hope you figger it out.

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

13 minutes ago, jimh said:

Hi Bob,

With me there is no hill anywhere is sight of EGJJ runway.  I normally use UK2000 which is ok as well.

Hope you figger it out.

Jim

No, I finally posted on the OrbX P3D forum. I have run out of ideas.... Will let you know if they find a solution. When I disable FTX. England, the hill disappears. 

15 hours ago, ppo said:

That should do it,

Cheers,

Pîerre

I found that TICKING that option actually removes the hill, despite the fact that I don't have the Earth Simulations scenery. And I haven't noticed any unwanted side effects so far.

In any case, I thought Earth Simulations hadn't got around to doing Jersey before they folded.

Dugald

Edited by Muklum
Afterthought

1 hour ago, Muklum said:

I found that TICKING that option actually removes the hill, despite the fact that I don't have the Earth Simulations scenery. And I haven't noticed any unwanted side effects so far.

In any case, I thought Earth Simulations hadn't got around to doing Jersey before they folded.

Dugald

With your help I got this airport fixed.

1.  I ticked the box you suggested, Jersey Airport EGJJ for Earth Simulations compatibility and that fixed the grassy hill in the middle of the runway. 

Now I had deep chasms on either side of the runway and taxiways. I could land and taxi around, but didn't dare to veer off the pavement. 

Then I looked in P3D/Scenery/World/scenery , and found a file UTX_EGJJ_EUR.BGL  ( since I do have UTX Europe)    I had read that sometimes these files in World, cause problems, so I disabled it by naming it off.   

Now my EGJJ looks perfect.  

Thanks

Edited by Bobsk8

Earth Simulations did not release a scenery package for Jersey....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Earth Simulations did not release a scenery package for Jersey....

That's what I thought, so I can't understand why this option is offered on the FTX  England configuration page.

Dugald

Glad I figured out a solution my self and didn't have to wait for one for from the Orbx Forum. Looks like it would have been a long, long wait. 

Glad you sussed it out, Bob.

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.