Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Traffic Global / Ultimate Traffic Live

Now that I have Prepared v4 along with FSX SE, I find that my Traffic 360 and Ultimate Traffic 2 are both outdated. So now the question is between Traffic Global and Ultimate Traffic Live, which is better.

My understanding is that since I already own Traffic 360 and Ultimate Traffic 2, I will be able to use a discount coupon for either one. If there's another payware out there please let me know. Freeware is out because

my knowledge of files is weak.

Traffic Global is waste of time and $ at this point. Don't bother!

Yes you can wait till it`s out of beta and pay full price.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I took advantage of the deal for previous owners of JF Traffic 360 and updated to Traffic Global. Its early days, still a work in progress but I've managed to populate UK and US airports to a realistic display, having said that, there are a lot of airlines missing and wrong parking positions but the developers have an active forum and seem to be addressing each issue as they arise.

• Like 1

steve southey

Hi All,

Just wondering how progress has been on Traffic Global? I've done a search but couldn't locate a thread that really spoke to it. I understand there have been a couple of updates since it first was released but getting an idea of how it sits currently is hard as you can't seem t access their forums unless you buy the product.

Hows it looking?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I wonder why automobile manufacturers don't sell "early access" cars? 

"Yeah well, the steering wheel might come off in your hand, the brakes only work on dirt roads and  we're still planning on adding doors in the next release. But you got 10% off."

Hmm, didn't Tesla do this already? Another emerging trend not to look forward to.

Still many teething problems.

I get plenty of SW, UA, DL, AA planes at the gates at major US airports. They are beautiful models, but there is very little movement. The other day at 0800 on a Friday at PHX every SW gate was occupied, I counted 24 ac, but nothing moved for a very long time and there was no requests for clearance or taxi. Also there are VERY FEW foreign flag aircraft at US gateways. Very unrealistic.

When parked at the active rwy just watching. Some ac disappear just after take off and I saw one disappear before it left the ground. Arriving ac first come into view very close to the threshold. 

I think it will quite a while before this program is considered a finished product. There seems to be only one person working on it and he is also responding to the forum postings.

Never again will I purchase an *early access* program. Made the same mistake with Aerofly FS2!

Bruce

Whether you'll be satisfied with Traffic Global in its present form depends on what you want really. Being 'early access', or let's call a spade a spade here - not actually properly finished or working properly yet, but for some reason still on sale - it has issues. However, despite its issues, I find that it does populate my airports with aeroplanes in a reasonably convincing fashion and flies them about, albeit some airports are a suspiciously bereft of traffic when they really should be very busy.

If that's enough for you, then the fact that it is cheap whilst being early access might be enough to please. If on the other hand you go apoplectic with rage if you see a Ryanair 737 using a premium stand with an air bridge instead of a remote stand and its airstairs as they do in real life in order to save money, then it won't be for you.

Personally, so long as things are reasonably believable, i.e. there are actually airliners at an airport in the typical liveries one would find there, rather than those cack default airlines, that's enough for me and I really am not too bothered that they are not using the exact stands they should be doing, so I'm relatively satisfied with Traffic Global and for me, any further improvements it enjoys will be a bonus since I got it for a low price.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Alan, I think TG does a better job at populating UK and European airports than the US gateways. At least it appears that way to me.

Bruce

I recently purchased Ultimate Traffic Live v1.1.0.0.   I have a fresh install of P3Dv4.3 and a bunch of add-ons (listed below for troubleshooting purposes). My UTL settings and most other add-ons are all using default values and as instructed by UTL my Aviation Traffic settings in P3D are both set to "0".

I was just in line waiting to takeoff at KEFD. There were PLENTY of UTL aircraft in line ahead of me.  It took forever for each to get cleared for takeoff as there were plenty of incoming planes too. While the incoming planes actually landed (though some disappeared after  landing), each time a UTL plane was cleared for takeoff it would simply disappear before even moving forward an inch to cross the hold short point at the active runway. This happened with at least 7 planes in a row so far, with three still left in front of me.

This disappearing act really detracts from the realism, and at such a crucial point of the immersion experience. I could see maybe having disappearing planes elsewhere, but not right in front of my plane on the taxiway.  I have often noticed UTL planes disappearing upon landing. This I can understand when there is no parking for them. I rarely have experienced a line of traffic in front of me in the three weeks I've been using UTL

I hope they get a better functioning version out soon. I guess I was expecting a little more polish that this, even for a  beta version.

OTHER COMPLAINTS

Does anyone know how to get that "Ultimate Traffic Live" name off of each airplane in the sky? I find this very annoying.

Some airports NEVER have ANY traffic. I don't understand why this would be so.

Jim

I have the following Add-ons installed (ALL latest versions as detailed):

• Almost all ORBX products made (latest versions), except for airports.
  • Pilot's - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation  v1.0
  • Active Sky (ASP4) v6773 (AIRAC 1601)
  • Active Sky Cloud Art  v6452 (SP2 + Hotfix 083117)
  • Ultimate Traffic Live v1.1.0.0
  • Milviz - 310R Redux for FSX and P3D
  • PMDG DC-6 Base Package for Prepar3D
  • PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Base Package for Prepar3D
  • Milviz - DHC-3T Turbo Otter Standard Edition
  • Flight1 King Air B200 Version 2
  • Accu-sim C182 Skylane (P3D Academic)
  • WX Advantage Radar (not installed yet as I was waiting for v4.3 compatible version)
  • ChasePlane v0.4.217 Beta Exp.
  • PrecipitFX (Dec 26, 2017 version)
  • TrackIR v5.4
  • FSUIPC v5.13 (soon 5.14, which just came out)
  • About a dozen MegaSceneryEarth products, but I usually fly with these disabled.
  • Maybe a dozen other airports from my old FSX install, but I do not have these enabled.

I have a very robust PC setup that maintains 30-60+ FPS with most setting cranked up and running at 4K. i7-4790K, 32GB DDR3-2133 RAM, GTX-1080i SC2 w/11GB DDR4 RAM. Running on Windows 7 SP1 with nothing but P3D and its add-ons installed on two Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD's. Downloaded packages stored on a separate 10TB RAID1 drive. Even at this very busy airport it never dips below 30fps.

ETA:
UPDATE: The last three planes simply blinked out about a minute or so after they received clearance to takeoff. I was #2 to takeoff and my screen was full of the back end of a UTL Beechcraft KingAir B200 and suddenly it was gone.

Edited by ArJunaBug

I don't know if this will with work with Ultimate Traffic Live, but it sure helps with Ultimate Traffic 2.  AISmooth.  Watching airliners try to use the single crosswind runway at KMIA with UT2 I had a long line of jets holding short of the active and an even longer line of jets trying to land and the majority of them executing go-around maneuvers.  With AISmooth activated, the landing and takeoff cycles became coordinated.  30 seconds after a landing, a takeoff occurred, then 30 seconds later another landing.   The go-arounds were pretty much eliminated as was the long line waiting at the hold short.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.