Sign in to follow this  
DannyR

Keyboard Commands not working consistently

With a train simulator the keyboard stops working and just offers audible clicks. SINCE LATEST string of updates.......

Looks like a general problem with various impacts on the "input" area.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

15 hours ago, nudata said:

With a train simulator the keyboard stops working and just offers audible clicks. SINCE LATEST string of updates.......

Looks like a general problem with various impacts on the "input" area.

Thanks Dick, some guys (at pmdg forum) are reporting the same problem with latest windows 10 build (even windows 7). Someone uninstalled the latest update but didn't resolve this specific problem.

Sergio Naiberg

Just a bit of added info - I received the initial large update. I began some browsing and received an another update. Went quickly. Then, later, I received another update. If I were to go back one update It may not solve anything but place me at risk of using a faulty update (the second). Now Microsoft has returned to their black hole of typical corporate secrecy. I have seen nothing on the Web about a general set of issues with the one, or more, updates. Perhaps only a small portion of their victims (AKA customers) are affected. 

My update list shows 19 specific updates. 5/4/2018 thru 5/15/2018 with the majority for Defender Definitions. 

regards,

Looks like it might be an issue with FSUIPC 133 version. Roll back to version 124 and it should work okay. Pete says on his forum he is fixing it and will have update soon.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

8 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Looks like it might be an issue with FSUIPC 133 version. Roll back to version 124 and it should work okay. Pete says on his forum he is fixing it and will have update soon

Yes, try 5.131, now released.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks a lot everyone, it works normally now!!

Sergio Naiberg

Oops, the problem may have surfaced again in the new version. Keep version 124 handy just in case.

Lee H

18 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Oops, the problem may have surfaced again in the new version.

Not the problem with numeric keys in combinations The code doing that, left over from an FSUIPC4 version during 64-bit conversion, was removed. Check that you are using 5.131.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

43 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Not the problem with numeric keys in combinations The code doing that, left over from an FSUIPC4 version during 64-bit conversion, was removed. Check that you are using 5.131.

Pete

Okay, taking your thought Pete, I went back and did a complete uninstall of FSUIPC and installed 5.131 from scratch. Seems okay at the moment, so maybe as you suggested, there were some older files left over from an earlier version.

Lee H

First this has nothing to do directly with P3D. I get it constantly with a Train Sim. Shift key speeds it up and that almost always ends up with a problem. Specifically, my problem is that as I begin typing I get a "click" sound when pushing down a key. Then the arrow keys will only allow one operation and a different key has to be pressed. Then-nothing. Hold-downs, typing, arrows, everything on the keyboard fails to respond. The mouse works and a reboot clears the issue. I Did the Update Check and found it crashed. Wow, here we go...... Reboot and an update check showed,  threw, or tossed an error. Went back to update and it offered Troubleshooting. Went through the process and we shall see over time what happens.

regards,

I have not experienced keyboard anomalies in P3D but I have in my train sim. There holding down the shift key makes the sim run faster. This is also causing the keyboard to become ineffective by only sound a "click" but no on screen action. A reboot is required. This may correlate to some of the issues here.

regards,

Hi,

I recently went from 4 to 4.2. I also updated Active Sky, ProatcX and FSUIPC (5.131) at the same time. In addition, I installed the QW787.

Things seemed ok at first, but now I have gremlins in my key commands. 

I have a Logitech G13 keypad for all of my views and menus. For views, I use shift+A for next category, Shift+b for next in category,a and Shift+s for previous in category. Each is mapped to a key on the G13. I also have Shift+r, Shift+t... mapped to menu functions for ProATCx. This setup had worked great for years until this update.

I don't have any key commands in FSUIPC - I only use for my TQ. I removed all of the key commands that I have mapped to the G13, but I am now getting odd behavior.

I cannot get the ProATC menu to show at all. It won't work with the default commands or the ones on the G13. the Shift+A/B/S options stop working mid flight with the QW787 (have not checked other AC yet).

Shift+R seems to be mapped to AT arm, but there are no key commands listed for that in the controls section. I am, however, finding a pile of commands listed when I use the Help/Key Commands option in the game (including the Shift+R).

Is there a text file in P3D that drives the key commands? It may be easier to clear these out manually.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Sorry to reply to my own post, but this seems relevant to my case.

If I look at the standard.xml located here: C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls, I do not see Shift+R mapped to AT Arm (or any assignment for AT Arm. When I press Shift+r, it does arm the AT (PMDG NGX) and it it listed in the help section.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 5/14/2018 at 11:52 PM, Bogga said:

tried Vic's advise, but didnt't work, so strange issue!. On my p3d it happens but only with the NGX, don't know whereelse to look, may be i format my SSD, it will repair other issues, hopefully. I'll post on pmdg forum, maybe they have a fix, last source.

I think i remember this being an 4.2 issue. Also GSX suffers here. 

Holding down shift for a few seconds and then a 0-9 do the trick. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png