Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke Mode Switch

Morning All

Not sure if this is possible, or I stuck on how to achieve this.

Scenerio:

To use the Mode switch to allocate different key functions within Linda

The Saitek Yoke has a 3 position 'Mode' Switch. Which 'I think' allows buttons to have 3 different functions mapped to them, depending on the position of the mode switch.

What I have manged to achieve so far is for LINDA to 'see the MODE switch as buttons(deleting the default saitek profile in system32).

Mode 1 : button 23  (normal/standard mode)

Mode 2 : button 24

Mode 3 : button 25

In mode 1 I have mapped the hat and buttons directly to 'Chase Plane' camera functions. All good

Now I want to be able to change 'mode' and map other functions to the same buttons'

Example:

Mode 1 : button 6 is mapped to change camera view (Chase plane functions direct NOT in LInda)

Mode 2:  button 6 mapped to elevator trim down

Mode 3 : button 6 mapped to 'another function'

Linda SHIFTED MODES:   totally confused the differences and when and where to use them

Also is it possible to 'map' chase plane button allocations direct in LINDA without using chase plane

Bottom line is when in 'mode 1'  chase plane button and hat functions works ans when changing to a different mode the same button have different functions

Help would be greater received

Many thanks

Edited by ScotFlieger

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Alpha

As you have discovered, you need to delete the Saitek driver to allow the Mode toggle switch (right yoke rear) to work. This disables the Clock/Stopwatch functionality on the yoke front centre. I use the driver as I use the clock/stopwatch for VFR flying.

To program the Mode switch, you next need to assigned UNSHIFTED to Mode 1, SHIFTED ONE to Mode 2 and SHIFTED TWO to Mode 3 positions (using SHIFTED MODES menu). Next assign your required functions (Elev Trim, etc) under the Unshifted, 1 and 2 pages.

When you select Mode 1, LINDA will use the UNSHIFTED page assignments, in Mode 2 the SHIFTED ONE page assignments will be used and in Mode 3 the SHIFTED TWO page assignments apply.

I have no experience with ChasePlane so cannot guide you. If ChasePlane uses keyboard keys then you can assign a Keypress to a button (only works when your Flt Sim window has focus).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks Andrew, 

I'll give it  a go

cheers

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Fantastic.......I little bit of work, but the results are spot on.

Now have all 3 Modes working and also Chase plane all via LINDA

Many thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hmm..now they have stopped working

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

If LINDA is not seeing the Mode switch movement then double check that the Saitek driver is not operating. The clock/stopwatch is normally an indication that it is. You can either have the clock/stopwatch or multi-mode functionality within LINDA. Not both.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

CAn't find the Saitek driver in system32, but still not working

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Go to Device Manager and locate the Yoke. You can remove the driver from there.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

just where I was checking 🙂  Not listed there either

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Having come across this thread while investigating the mode-switch on my own Saitek Cessna Yoke today, I wanted to report back my findings.

Using the latest Linda 3.0.9.809r4 on my Win10-1809 P3Dv4.4 rig, I did not have to remove any Saitek/Logitech drivers as described above.

In reference to the Saitek "Note:" on page 7 of the Linda (3.0.6) pdf manual, I began looking for the SaiD0BAc.pr0 file, to no avail.

I did however find ..\Windows\System32\SaiD0BD3.pr0 (thinking, hmmm, maybe slightly different for the Cessna flavor of the Saitek yoke?).  When the heck, I took ownership of the file and added full control to the local administrators group in order to rename the file to SaiD0BD03.pr0.off.

I assigned Unshifted, Shifted1, and Shifted2 to my Cessna Yoke buttons 23, 24, and 25, respectively - on all three shifted Linda pages.

Whala - Success!  Tested perfectly, including the documented beeps when shifting modes.

Hope this might help any other Saitek Cessna Yoke users in the future.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al

How do you set this up; do you have to assign on all pages?

Cheers

Edited by alpha117

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Once you have assigned the shift functions to the mode switch (modes 1-2-3), you should be able to assign additional functions to the shifted positions on all other buttons. This will give you up to 3 different functions for each button. Remember that you will need to set the shift functions to the shifted positions of the mode switch. Otherwise you will get trapped in a shifted state and not be able to get out of it. See post of CH yoke shifted implementation. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Now up and running, great job

Thanks all

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image