Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Multi Crew Experience

Hi

recently started to use Multi Crew Experience with p3d v4 only the ATC part of it, everything else deactivated. Hope someone can help with two short question

1) Even though I deactivated everything but the ATC bit I still hear som chatter from ground crew etc. Can these be turned off somewhere I am missing. Not very realistc as my aircraft is the A2A c172

2) The ATC bit works amazing. With my Saitek radio panel I can dial in all freq and talk to various controllers along my route without even touching the keyboard, except for one segment of every flight, when contacting a Tower. Is there a way around having to go through the menu and select ”nearest airport”. I have a vague memory of reading somewhere there is a feature that automatcally detects the tower freq you tune and MCE would bypass that manual menu but I am not sure, cant find any setting for it.

thanks

mike

I would check out the MCE Forums hosted here at AVSIM.  Just making sure you are aware of their support forums.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Hi

recently started to use Multi Crew Experience with p3d v4 only the ATC part of it, everything else deactivated. Hope someone can help with two short question

1) Even though I deactivated everything but the ATC bit I still hear som chatter from ground crew etc. Can these be turned off somewhere I am missing. Not very realistc as my aircraft is the A2A c172

2) The ATC bit works amazing. With my Saitek radio panel I can dial in all freq and talk to various controllers along my route without even touching the keyboard, except for one segment of every flight, when contacting a Tower. Is there a way around having to go through the menu and select ”nearest airport”. I have a vague memory of reading somewhere there is a feature that automatcally detects the tower freq you tune and MCE would bypass that manual menu but I am not sure, cant find any setting for it.

thanks

mike

Hello Mike

If you haven't updated your MCE installation for a while, suggest you do. Download here

When done with the update, restore MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

That will give you a fresh config file with default settings.

Then go to MCE UI "General" tab and click <More options>

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View config.

"mce.ini" will open in Notepad.

Scroll down to the [GO-Flight] section, and ensure "Use=1".

Assuming you're flying VFR, with no flight plan (feature isn't active when under a specific flight plan), whenever MCE detects you're dialling COM1, either via Go-flight module or direct clicks in VC, it will monitor the process. When there is no more dialling for 3 seconds (can be extended to 5 sec), it will assume you are done setting the frequency and will try to match it to whatever facility is within a 200 mile radius with that same frequency.

It should then automatically select [Nearest airport list], scroll through the list of nearby airports and hopefully pick-up the one that has the freq you just dialled so you can just start transmitting straight away.

MCE forum on Avsim, Here

Edited by FS++

The Go-flight setting in my mce.ini was alredy there. I installed the latest version of MCE from the website (fresh install of p3d and MCE). Could it be either that I am not using the Go-Flight radio module but rather the Saitek radio panel or perhaps the fact I am using spad.next to control all my Saitek gear? Other than that my p3d install is clean no other addons.

mike