Sign in to follow this  
seedosip

Home cockpit instrument screens performance

Dear members,

I am using 1PC with 3 video cards to run P3Dv4.2 with PMDG 737 for my home cockpit setup. I have main outside view running from gtx1080 on the projector screen and use other 2 cards for PFD/ND/EICAS views, 4 monitors in total.

I am getting very good FPS (around 50-60) but I do get some stuttering, especially while taxing. Have tried many solutions, NI, vsync, locking fps in sim and in NI, 30hz screen, etc and no solution so far. I have tried running the same system but without using the monitors for instruments views and all is very smooth! As soon as I get PFD/ND/EICAS on separate monitors I don’t get FPS drop but I lose the smoothness.

Anybody has any experience with this kind of setup? Processor is i7 7700 running normally at 60%, GPU is neither loaded, any suggestions what could be the cause or possible fixes?

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Sergej

The CPU load is a bit suspicious. My CPU is at 90% all the time but this differs a lot on addons n settings. Have a look at the logical use.

Anyway you say that your GPU is not under load? Three way SLI is officially not supported anymore you might check on that. Also which GPU is not under load (in%pls)? 

We need way more info.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed CPU load changes a lot, for the latest tests I have been using same saved situation, same weather, daytime, etc. In this case CPU load was around 60-70%. In terms of GPU, I do not have triple SLI as all the cards I am using are different.

GTX1080 - runs the projector screen with outside view (average load 45-60%)

GT550Ti – runs PFD/ND and Upper EICAS (average load 20%)

GT710 – runs 1st Officers PFD/ND and Lower EICAS with CDU (average load 20%)

I have tried different combinations GTX1080 + GTX680 to run all the screens, thinking that other card was too weak but the result was exactly the same. Micro stutters while taxing with absolutely stable FPS above 30.

If I just load a flight with PMDG in VC without any additional screens, I get perfectly smooth taxiing from VC, FPS if unlimited in VC is around 50-60.

I have read on other thread that in could be certain version of FSUIPC, updated the version and it is the same, so I have decided to do a clean new install and start from scratch. I will install only FSUIPC and PMDG and see if the microstutters could be cured 🙂

Cheers,

Sergej

Hello,

Just a small update, I have re-installed P3dV4.2 yesterday, absolutely clean install with PMDG and FSUIPC, nothing more and the results are exactly the same. VC performance is perfect, CPU and GPU loads are as described in previous post, with default scenery CPU does not get to even 40%. As soon as I switch to cockpit view from VC, I get stutters.

I have found a topic in Prepar forum about massive stuttering in P3DV4.2, and it looks that is exactly my case as I have not had this in earlier versions. One thing on the list to do that remains is windows update that I had switched off.  

Fingers crossed it will work!

Cheers,

Sergej

Nice you got it sorted.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png