Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Transponder setting?

Hi-

Is there a place to set a transponder squawk code in this aircraft?

I'm having issues with Pro-ATC and this might figure into it, I think.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I may have some information to help, however, it will likely lean more into the Pilot2ATC world.

First, you did not list the aircraft that is troubling you.

Secondly, from what I can tell (not confirmed by Pilot2ATC support), Pilot2ATC uses the Squawkbox offsets to determine the state (STBY, ALT, IDENT) of the FSX/P3D transponder. Most aircraft developers do not code their model transponders to use the SB offsets. This creates a disconnect, not only with Pilot2ATC, but also with PilotEdge and Vatsim.

Lastly, if this turns out to the be the issue, the only way I know to overcome it is with custom programming. In my case, I use a paid version of FSUIPC and have written LUA scriptlets to simultaneously set the SquawkBox offsets and to change the knob of the transponder (in my case, the Carenado C337).

Of note, a user on the PilotEdge forum has written some Lua functions that perform this function in many 3rd party aircraft. You do not have to be a paying user of PilotEdge to get read access to the forum.

Hope some of this makes sense.

Hi Henry-

This is the Lear35. I don't know if that figures into this.

I have a post over at Pro-ATC but no help so far.

18 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Henry-

This is the Lear35. I don't know if that figures into this.

I have a post over at Pro-ATC but no help so far.

Mark,

If you have the GTN 750 GPS in the Lear35, that is where you enter a transponder code.

Al

I do. Geez, that could be it. 

I'll check this when I get home.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

Henry, can you send me the C337 lua files (or a link to them)?

Thank you!

Thomas, will do when I get home in +6 hours or so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newtie said:

I do. Geez, that could be it. 

I'll check this when I get home.

Thanks!

The transponder field is just to the left of the standby Nav1 freq field on the GTN 750 Home or Map page. Click on the existing Squawk code and a window should open for entering a new code.

Al

14 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Thomas, will do when I get home in +6 hours or so.

Thank you, while not usable for me out of the box it gives me all the info I need to try something :)

6 hours ago, ark said:

The transponder field is just to the left of the standby Nav1 freq field on the GTN 750 Home or Map page. Click on the existing Squawk code and a window should open for entering a new code.

I don't use the GTN750, and above isn't for the transponder code, but for the transponder mode.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ark said:

Al

That was it and thank you.

Mark

The GNS530 panel has a transponder unit that includes custom code that idents to Vatsim. Which should also work for others as well.

• Like 1