Sign in to follow this  
SN737

SHIFT+0,1,2,3,.. keyboard commands don't work

Hi guys, I'm having this rare issue with the keyboard commands, only with shift+0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. they don't work as usual, if i press shift+3 for eg. ,hold shift and press 3 twice, CDU appears, if i press normally it won't work at all. The strange thing is that it only happens with the PMDG 737 NGX,.I only have the NGX installed. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

I'm on windows 10, latest update version 1803

P3Dv4.2

Registered version of FSUIPC 5.13

Sergio Naiberg

Sergio Naiberg

16 hours ago, Bogga said:

Any clues?

Have any camera programs installed? EZDOK? ChasePlane?

Kyle Rodgers

Yeap, chaseplane, but i kill it before p3d starts up, and still persists, in p3d  forum, some guys are having similar problems after the latest windows 10 update...but mine is working on default airplanes, but not with the NGX, so strange

Sergio Naiberg

I believe when once ChasePlane has been used for a particular airframe it wipes out any stock/default camera views. This may be why even if you kill it before you start P3D you get none of the standard views. I think you have to uninstall ChasePlane in order for it to restore the default camera views.

Dave Paige

Thanks Dave, i'll try uninstall and inform results

Sergio Naiberg

Well, apparently it's not chaseplane causing it, uninstalled, reboot, not working unfortunatley.

Sergio Naiberg

Hello Sergio and all:

I am suddenly experiencing exactly the same symptoms that you describe.

I also have P3D v4.2 and FSUIPC 5.13, but my OS is Windows 7 Pro.

I noted this (the need to double click on the number key to get a pop up window to show), about a week ago. This happens with any aircraft, not only PMDG (I have all PMDG's and a couple of GA's).

I don't have Chaseplane or EZdock.

I had a number of issues with another program and these were eliminated after I uninstalled all Windows Updates that were automatically installed in the last week.

Unfortunately, the problem that you describe, is still there.

I believe that the issue was caused by a Windows update, but I don't know how to prove it (as I did with the other programs).

Hope this helps.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Thanks for reporting Roberto, I also think it must have something to do with windows latest update. My only addon airplane was the NGX, but today i installed another aircraft and experienced the same issue, my default ac's are working normally, so it's not an NGX thing, may be we should post on p3d forums too.

Sergio Naiberg

Just to inform that it was FSUIPC, now it's updated and working fine in my setup

from Pete's forum: "5.131 fixes a keyboard problem involving numeric keys, introduced in 5.13."

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg