Running Little NavMap 1.8.5 with both FSX-SE and P3D v4.2

See link to screenshot (I do not know how to get the screenshot on the post).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yIHsfSm6FTx4yC6W2

This airport is near my home and in reality has always only had one runway 07/25

Both Plan-G and Little NavMap show 07/25 as well as 15/33

Little NavMap also has an additional runway shown as 36/18?? - where would this come from?

Should I uninstall and re-install Little NavMap to fix this problem?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

My first thought is updating the scenery library in LittleNavMap - go to "Scenery Library" menu, and select "Load Scenery Library...", then make sure it's pointed to your P3Dv4.2 folder and let it rebuild...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks Gridley for your response.

I should have noted that I did do the scenery library update for both FSX as well as P3D

Regards, Dane

Well after a lot of research I have discovered this problem is just one of those - JUST LIVE WITH IT.

The thing I do not understand is when you go to this airport and slew around at a higher altitude the runways that show in Little NavMap do not appear in FSX or P3D

I even deleted the airport file and did a repair in P3D and FSX to see if the replaced airport file changes anything and then did a Scenery Library Update in Little NavMap but no change at all.

Like I stated above - I WILL LIVE WITH IT.

Regards, Dane

Hey, Dane, I live near CSK8, too! I live near Highway 10 and 152, so I'm about a five minute drive away. I don't know if you've heard, but after decades, King George Airpark is going to close. Apparently the owners of the property on which CSK8 sits are not going to renew the lease.

I often see ultralights from my backyard as they head to CSK8 to land. I'm going to miss that.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Hey Joel, good hearing from a neighbor. I live in White Rock. My home base airport for FSX and P3D is actually CZBB using the amazing airport scenery from Don Grovestine.

Too bad CSK8 is going to close. I have actually flown ultralights out of there.

Besides our comments above - do you also show the same problem with CSK8 as I do on Little NavMap?

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

maybe there is an error in LNM how it interprets the BGL updates that come with an add on. Not likely but one never knows.

You could send me all BGL files that are listed in the "Scenery" section in the information window on the airport tab. Also a screenshot of this section.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have sent you by email (hope I had the correct email address) as you requested the BGL files and a screenshot of the issue with CSK8 airport scenery.

I never thought to check the Scenery Section of LNM until you just mentioned it. When I open the BGL files up in ADE I now see what the cause is.

The Base BGL has two runways while the ORBX PNW file has the other problem - I think it is the PNW BGL that is causing LNM to show the issues??

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

Thanks for the files. Was a bit faster than a few days. Doing detective work is more interesting that updating the manual.

36/18 has wrong names for the given heading. Not the first time I'm seeing this. ADE confirms this.

The other two have a width of zero which is a workaround to disable default runway surfaces in FSX/P3D so they can draw their own. Maybe these are barely visible or not at all.

Looking at the OpenStreetMap background it seems that the 36/18 with the wrong designators and 7/15 exist in reality while 15/33 doesn't. You can see the airport outline from the OpenStreetMap in the screenshow below.

No idea why the other programs show only two runways. I can see three in ADE and no flags that should keep LNM from displaying.

Alex

MW7IXVK.png

That was fast Alex - thanks.

So I went into ADE and edited the airport to make it correct. It now only shows 07/25 in ADE.

When I edit the ORBX-FTX bgl to only have the one runway, then compile it, and run another LNM Scenery Update, LNM still shows all three runways?

Any suggestions?

Regards, Dane

Great to hear from a neighbour, too, Dane. I was just in White Rock on Mother's Day, but it was such a lovely hot day and therefore so busy that I couldn't find parking 🙂 and ended up going to Crescent Beach instead.

Coincidentally, my home base airport is also CZBB. Thanks for the recommendation re: Don Grovestine's scenery. I'll have to check it out.

Concerning CSK8, yes, I have the same problem, but I see that later in the thread Alex and you have figured it out.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

11 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

When I edit the ORBX-FTX bgl to only have the one runway, then compile it, and run another LNM Scenery Update, LNM still shows all three runways?

Any suggestions?

LNM should only show one runway after reloading scenery. How is that scenery loaded? Add-on.xml?
Did you update both simulators P3D and FSX_SE?

Alex