Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Free approach chart and airport diagram for Europe

I have Simplates 2004 and when I got it I could download extra charts for Europe. After reinstalling Windows I found out that these files are no longer available for free.I have heard that these charts exist for free on internet.So where can I find the same European info and charts and airport diagram that I have in Simplates for USA?

Maybe you nered to reregister with Dauntless Software. If you purchased direct from them they should have a record of the purchase as should you. You can also explain that your key was lost although I do not recall needing one. I purchased the base pack bundled with updates and downloaded a few updates.The product is being withdrawn so perhaps the update service is no longer available.I get many European procedure charts from VATSIM chapters in that area. The SAG division (Sweden, Germany, Austria) has a good .pdf library for terminal information and other resources. You do not have to be a member.Start here and then follow the division link of choice and then the country within that region:http://vateur.org/

I bought Simplates and found it utterly useless, because half of the data was not on the CDs, of poor quality and not available for download.VATSIM has an excellent, excellent set of links for charts.Go to http://www.vatsim.net > Pilot Resources > Pilot Resource Center and then select "Vatsim Chart Center" and you'll find charts for almost the entire world.

>Maybe you nered to reregister with Dauntless Software. If you>purchased direct from them they should have a record of the>purchase as should you. You can also explain that your key was>lost although I do not recall needing one. I purchased the>base pack bundled with updates and downloaded a few updates.>I have a boxed version with no need for a key. I followed a link in the manual and was told that these European files are no longer avalable for free because of upcoming new Simchart. But on their webpage I only see information about Simplates 2004 which they still try to sell.

Hi,You can get them at Euro control, always up to date. You need to register, but it's free:http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/publicuser/...ic/pu/login.jsp

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It is a mix. I find they work well together. At times the Simplate charts are clearer or cover missing territory that VATSIM does not and vice-versa. Remember that the Simplate product was based on the defense department charts for non-US areas in 2003 which was not all inclusive either and in date match closely the stock FS9 scenery.VATSIM resources and euro-control I think came out later with many of the areas Simplates covered at that time.One advantage of the VATSIM charts is they provide frequently AFCADs to coordinate the scenery with the charts.

>I bought Simplates and found it utterly useless, because half>of the data was not on the CDs, of poor quality and not>available for download.>>VATSIM has an excellent, excellent set of links for charts.>>Go to http://www.vatsim.net > Pilot Resources > Pilot Resource>Center and then select "Vatsim Chart Center" and you'll find>charts for almost the entire world.Yes I followed that link and what I found was better than these Simcharts over Europe. One very irritating thing about them is that thay have a big textbox saying 'not for operational use' placed in the middle of the charts.