Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

VOR Discrepancy/ Prepar3dv4 NAVAIDS

While on the LOC RWY 4 approach procedure, I noticed that there is about a 5-degree discrepancy in the outbound radial to the ELDOH initial approach fix. I have ORBX Southern Alaska installed and Orbx PAHO airport. Should I contact Orbx or LM to figure out how to resolve this issue? Perhaps the issue is with Prepar3d itself? I have the latest Airrac cycle 1805, from Navigraph, installed for most of my airliners, perhaps I should update Prepar3dv4.2 itself? How can I do that?

Kind regards, 

Shelman 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Just to update, my issue has been resolved. I purchased a subscription from fsaerodata.com and updated my Prepar3dv4.2 NAVAIDs etc. Its just a bit disappointing that LM won't update the NAVAIDs, but now it feels great to have everything, on my Foreflight App etc, aligning up properly 🙂 

Regards, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Could have updated those Navaids for free. http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Could have updated those Navaids for free. http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Yes, I tried, but it apparently found some files that were altered in my system, so I didn't want to take the chance. The paid subscription version did everything smoothly. I don't know, I guess money solves problems, I guess... 🙂 

Regards,

Shelman S.

44 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Just to update, my issue has been resolved. I purchased a subscription from fsaerodata.com and updated my Prepar3dv4.2 NAVAIDs etc. Its just a bit disappointing that LM won't update the NAVAIDs, but now it feels great to have everything, on my Foreflight App etc, aligning up properly 🙂 

Regards, 

Once LM showcased fsaerodata on the official P3d website, you just knew that it was going to be a long time, if ever for LM to update every airport's  airspaces, waypoints, approaches, comms and navaids in the world and keep them maintained forever for free. The choices are to either endure the inconsistencies by staying with the stock airports, use the partial freeware solution referenced above or just fly in and out of 3rd party airports that are kept up to date with the latest AIRAC cycle.

As has been mentioned here previously, the developer of fsaerodata is working a new add-on that will also update the runway geometry thousands of airports worldwide to match up against the latest AIRAC, in a manner similar to what Burkhard Renk did with My Traffic 6.