Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

aliases to soundai files do not exist

I note that AILGenerator now has a soundai files check. All of mine fail with an '\folder name 1\ has alias \folder name 2\ which does not exist' error.

I believe that the aliases are set up correctly. Any ideas what the issue is? Does the sound.cfg file have to be 'soundai.cfg' to ensure that AI sounds are heard?

Edited by LecLightning56

I have just tried the UTLive AI aircraft which have their own AI sounds incorporated and AILGenerator throws up the same errors that none of the aliases to the sound files exists when they quite definitely do!

Edited by LecLightning56

11 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Does the sound.cfg file have to be 'soundai.cfg' to ensure that AI sounds are heard?

No the soundai folder should have an soundai.cfg file with either all the sound parameters or an alias=... statement.

AILGenerator checks if the alias exists: it should point to a soundai folder without an alias (imho).

I have found a solution which is to specify the alias=… statement completely, i.e. alias=C:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\utLive Aircraft\Aircraft Folder containing soundai folder\soundai

If, however, I specify alias=Aircraft Folder containing soundai folder\soundai,  AILGenerator does not detect the sound folder.

Should I ignore AILGenerator's errors, or would this switch off all AI sounds for the AI aircraft generated?

AILGenerator should be able to check the full paths as you are using...

You can just ignore the errors, they are for information.