Sign in to follow this  
RaptorKeeper9911

P3D V4.2 crashing

P3D lately has been crashing near New York City or any surrounding airport within a 50 radius of KJFK. It is also crashing over Cuba near Haiti and Dominican Republic.I have just recently installed ORBX North America open LC. I have FTX Global Base & Vector. I have uninstalled P3d and all scenery addons I have and I have run out of ideas. So i'm hoping someone would have some insight on this problem or how to possibly fix this.

It is essential that your ORBX products be in the right order in the scenery cfg file, if not, you are bound to have undesirable consequences. If you follow to the letter the instructions of your ORBX FTX Central 3 you should get back to a normal CTD free situation.

The first thing to do is to go to "Settings" (button at the bottom left of FTX Central) and then to "Library Insertion Point" where you will define where the "FTX entries should be inserted below", clink on the line below that and scroll to the last detailed (add-on) scenery you have, all your FTX sceneries will then automatically fall in the right position.

In the same chapter, you also define where the Open LC entries should appear (typically under FTX). SAVE your changes!

Then go to "Tools" and click on "Force Migration" this will ensure all your ORBX products fall in sync.

Finally "Configure FTX Global Vector", make sure you run the "Airports Elevation Corrections" tool. Once done, dont forget to click on "Apply".

The above should give you a clean and organised ORBX setup and should eliminate your problems mentioned in your post.

Poppet has written a most detailed tutorial on this available on AVSIM, if you need more input go to this link:

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 1

I followed your instructions to the letter and I still crash while loading JFK. I have my display setting on default density for everything. I dont know what to do at this point other than re-installing P3D again for the 4th time because of this issue.

36 minutes ago, RaptorKeeper9911 said:

I followed your instructions to the letter and I still crash while loading JFK. I have my display setting on default density for everything. I dont know what to do at this point other than re-installing P3D again for the 4th time because of this issue.

You should try to investigate this crash, and give us more details, maybe someone can help. I would recommend https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html  also FSUIPC and simconnect log. Check Avsim CTD Guide, a lot of great info and fixes there. 

Also, give us more info - your system and addons in use