Sign in to follow this  
Michael Chang

Issue with reloading saved scenario PMDG 777

Hey guy, I am a new P3D and PMDG 777 user.

I have a couple issues that I can't seem to solve it after searching on the internet.

1. Whenever time I reload a saved scenario, the takeoff speed and NAV Radio page that I inserted previously disappear after the initialization completed. It won't allow me to reinsert the takeoff speed through the CDU and just stuck with V-Speed Unavailable. It was not a problem when I was flying with the FSX PMDG 777.

2. I know it's probably a wrong place to ask, but could someone shed some lights on why I am not able to change location through geographic coordinate on P3D? The "okay" bottom on the "Change Location" always shows gray and won't allow me to change it.

I appreciate every help that I can get, big thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Michael Chang said:

Whenever time I reload a saved scenario, the takeoff speed and NAV Radio page that I inserted previously disappear after the initialization completed. It won't allow me to reinsert the takeoff speed through the CDU and just stuck with V-Speed Unavailable. It was not a problem when I was flying with the FSX PMDG 777.

You cannot reload a previously saved scenario without exiting P3D and starting a new session.  In general, P3D must have a default aircraft such as the F22 or BE58 assigned to the default scenario and one cannot load a complex aircraft on top of another.  For example, you cannot change livery of a PMDG aircraft after it is loaded and you cannot reload a scenario within the same session. See also the Introduction document.

I know it's probably a wrong place to ask, but could someone shed some lights on why I am not able to change location through geographic coordinate on P3D? The "okay" bottom on the "Change Location" always shows gray and won't allow me to change it.

Odd to see one using lat/lon coordinates instead of an ICAO for location.  You didn't mention how you are trying to do this in P3D, using the map or otherwise?  Perhaps you are not using the only lat/lon format understood by P3D such as N 30 10.5 W 090 20.8  (DDM)?

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 5/17/2018 at 12:17 AM, downscc said:

You cannot reload a previously saved scenario without exiting P3D and starting a new session.  In general, P3D must have a default aircraft such as the F22 or BE58 assigned to the default scenario and one cannot load a complex aircraft on top of another.  For example, you cannot change livery of a PMDG aircraft after it is loaded and you cannot reload a scenario within the same session. See also the Introduction document.

Odd to see one using lat/lon coordinates instead of an ICAO for location.  You didn't mention how you are trying to do this in P3D, using the map or otherwise?  Perhaps you are not using the only lat/lon format understood by P3D such as N 30 10.5 W 090 20.8  (DDM)?

Thank you very much for your response.

Is it possible to change the default to the scenario I set up for PMDG 777?

I tried to set the scenario I saved to default it by clicking the default bottom, but I still can't seem to load the scenario I saved properly.

Once the system initializes completed, all the settings I saved are all over the place.

I would like to have a default setting where I can load up with all the FMS/CDU set up and V-speed enlarge on PFD.

I can't seem to do that, whenever I reload my saved scenario, it won't allow me to change anything in the FMS/CDU.

Furthermore, the gross weight of the aircraft went back to the original setting, which was not the setting I set before I saved the scenario.

I set the fuel through the "FS Actions" -> "Fuel", since I was not able to set it up beforehand like I used to in FSX.

The reason I would like to use coordinate to set up my location is because I wanted to fly the waypoints that are not in the database (Old Chart), so I just inserted coordinate. It will not allow me to change location through "MAP..." or prior entering the scenario "Change Location", even just simply moving the aircraft around. The "OKAY" bottom always show gray and not able to press it.

You can do what you want in two ways

1) Either save using the default sim save option and then load this save from the select scenario screen OR

2) Save as a new panel state and use this panel state when loading the plane.

As it has been written you can't use as a default situtation one with a complex add-on or keep loading on top of previous loaded scenarios. When P3d starts you should see the select scenario screen with the default F22, and from there you can make any choice you want.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

21 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

You can do what you want in two ways

1) Either save using the default sim save option and then load this save from the select scenario screen OR

2) Save as a new panel state and use this panel state when loading the plane.

As it has been written you can't use as a default situtation one with a complex add-on or keep loading on top of previous loaded scenarios. When P3d starts you should see the select scenario screen with the default F22, and from there you can make any choice you want.

Sorry for my poor understanding, does that mean I can't change my default to a complex environment?

I tried to set PMDG 777 as my default with everything set up, but once I quit the P3D and restart the program. It will not function properly unless I deleted the P3D.cfg file.

I tried to use the panel state like you suggested, it works but it shows airspeed low for no reason on the ground :/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more question

If I want to start a scenario with me on a IAF of an approach, I will not able to do that right? I can't seem to use "Map" or "Change Location" to relocate my aircraft. It will not allow me to click "Okay" to execute it.

It's odd that what FSX can do but P3D can't, if that's the case I'm a bit disappointed. I never run into these problems with FSX when I fly PMDG 777 . I used FSX and P3D as a tool to run my LOFT scenario as a pre-study for my type rating.

I really appreciate your help, sir. 

Sorry for my poor understanding, does that mean I can't change my default to a complex environment?

I tried to set PMDG 777 as my default with everything set up, but once I quit the P3D and restart the program. It will not function properly unless I deleted the P3D.cfg file.

I tried to use the panel state like you suggested, it works but it shows airspeed low for no reason on the ground 😕

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more question

If I want to start a scenario with me on a IAF of an approach, I will not able to do that right? I can't seem to use "Map" or "Change Location" to relocate my aircraft. It will not allow me to click "Okay" to execute it.

It's odd that what FSX can do but P3D can't, if that's the case I'm a bit disappointed. I never run into these problems with FSX when I fly PMDG 777 . I used FSX and P3D as a tool to run my LOFT scenario as a pre-study for my type rating.

I really appreciate your help, sir. 

Yes you can not do that. This is going back to FSX. It is not recommended to load any complex addon as a default situation.

Regarding the IAF question. If you fly the plane and save it at the place you want, using the default save function of the sim. Then when you restart the sim you can select load flight to load that particular flight. But each time you need to restart the sim.

FSX has the same behavior as well. If this working on you then it was by just luck

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com