Richard McDonald Woods

Disappointment at Wing Creations Tokyo Narita scenery

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have just landed at RJAA and found many of the taxiways mis-named and the scenery not aligning with the Navigraph chart airport ground layouts.

I think that I was taken in by the 'P3D' label. I suspect that the scenery is way out of date.😒

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have just landed at RJAA and found many of the taxiways mis-named and the scenery not aligning with the Navigraph chart airport ground layouts.

I think that I was taken in by the 'P3D' label. I suspect that the scenery is way out of date.😒

Hi Richard:  Agree, there are many changes to the taxiway network not captured by the WCI Narita and the scenery is starting to show its age... more of a FSX look that some of the new stuff coming out for P3Dv4.  However, and this is important, there is no substitute and for some reason there airport scenery choices in Asia are few and far between.  I usually open the RJAA AF file in ADE whenever I fly into or out of there to ensure I correctly orientated on the taxiways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why would a label of P3D make the scenery automatically updated to the latest changes at the airport? Download the P3Dv3 patch if you register on their website and you could ask when they plan a new update.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that this scenery is also causing screen flickers over Tokyo. I don't have it anywhere else but when I fly over Tokyo. The scenery does work in P3D v 4.2 for the most part but there is no other scenery for RJAA. at this time. It's not the best scenery but it's better than default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I suspect that this scenery is also causing screen flickers over Tokyo. I don't have it anywhere else but when I fly over Tokyo.

If you are using Orbx Vector this will happen. You have to delete or rename the follow file and the flickers will cease.

8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to try that but will removing that entry cause problems somewhere else? What does that entry control? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is in update on simmarket. haven't tired it yet.

 

TECHNOBRAIN - FS ADD-ON COLLECTION TOKYO INTL AIRPORT 2 FSX P3D
FSAC_RJTT2_X_UPD103.zip

You will find the link to download the update when you log into your user account --> my orders --> respective order.

Update Contents:

        1.Fixed the problem of horizontal flickering polygon textures on wide areas of ground in Tokyo, 
        which may occur under certain conditions (regardless of whether or not Tokyo Int fl Airport2 has been installed).

        2.Fixed the problem of unnecessary Landclass textures appearing at the sea level coastal boundary around RWY05 threshold, 
        which may occur under certain conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have just landed at RJAA and found many of the taxiways mis-named and the scenery not aligning with the Navigraph chart airport ground layouts.

I think that I was taken in by the 'P3D' label. I suspect that the scenery is way out of date.😒

Hi Richard hopefully they update the layout with updates... if not I believe theirs other version of the airport by a big time developer coming actually 2..one fro wing creation and in unknown developer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi guys!

I am using the up to date version of Wing Creations RJAA.

I find that both the RJAA and ImagineSim ZSPD ground charts from Navigraph show a major displacement of the aircraft's position relative to the P3Dv4.2 scenery. I cannot imagine what I may have done wrong. Videos of the flights are here.

I have run both Makerwys and AEC prior to the flight.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers, Richard😄

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently on P3Dv4.2, and last time I used WC RJAA it was with P3Dv3 and previously with FSX.  Pretty much an FPS killer.  I used to feel the same about ImagineSim, but they have since made an honest effort to make their prduct line perform faster.  I hope WC does the same.  If not, I hope other developers take on big airports like RJAA, RJTT, and others in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I find that both the RJAA and ImagineSim ZSPD ground charts from Navigraph show a major displacement of the aircraft's position relative to the P3Dv4.2 scenery.

Care to explain? It reads as if the airport is in the wrong location within the simulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZSPD was, at least previously, in the wrong place in the sim. Imaginesim were up front about it (had to do with misplaced shorelines in the default land class IIRC). I think they may have moved it back in a patch, though?

Sorry, this is all from memory. I may be wrong and I don’t have a link...

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, Silverbird said:

There is in update on simmarket. haven't tired it yet.

 

TECHNOBRAIN - FS ADD-ON COLLECTION TOKYO INTL AIRPORT 2 FSX P3D
FSAC_RJTT2_X_UPD103.zip

You will find the link to download the update when you log into your user account --> my orders --> respective order.

Update Contents:

        1.Fixed the problem of horizontal flickering polygon textures on wide areas of ground in Tokyo, 
        which may occur under certain conditions (regardless of whether or not Tokyo Int fl Airport2 has been installed).

        2.Fixed the problem of unnecessary Landclass textures appearing at the sea level coastal boundary around RWY05 threshold, 
        which may occur under certain conditions.

That’s a different airport (Haneda RJTT not Narita RJAA) and different vendor. 

Don’t feel bad - I actually flew to the wrong one last week! 😂

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan,

I have done some more testing. Indeed it appears that the airports are misplaced. Often the Navigraph moving airport chart shows the aircraft either on the grass or on a generalised grey area.

I have raised a topic with both Imaginesim for ZSPD and Wing Creations for RJAA to see if there is a cause in common or that I have not installed correctly.

I will update when I have more information.

Kind regards, Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now