Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Disappointment at Wing Creations Tokyo Narita scenery

I have just landed at RJAA and found many of the taxiways mis-named and the scenery not aligning with the Navigraph chart airport ground layouts.

I think that I was taken in by the 'P3D' label. I suspect that the scenery is way out of date.😒

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have just landed at RJAA and found many of the taxiways mis-named and the scenery not aligning with the Navigraph chart airport ground layouts.

I think that I was taken in by the 'P3D' label. I suspect that the scenery is way out of date.😒

Hi Richard:  Agree, there are many changes to the taxiway network not captured by the WCI Narita and the scenery is starting to show its age... more of a FSX look that some of the new stuff coming out for P3Dv4.  However, and this is important, there is no substitute and for some reason there airport scenery choices in Asia are few and far between.  I usually open the RJAA AF file in ADE whenever I fly into or out of there to ensure I correctly orientated on the taxiways.

Dan Downs KCRP

Why would a label of P3D make the scenery automatically updated to the latest changes at the airport? Download the P3Dv3 patch if you register on their website and you could ask when they plan a new update.

Edited by Boeing or not going

I suspect that this scenery is also causing screen flickers over Tokyo. I don't have it anywhere else but when I fly over Tokyo. The scenery does work in P3D v 4.2 for the most part but there is no other scenery for RJAA. at this time. It's not the best scenery but it's better than default.

8 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I suspect that this scenery is also causing screen flickers over Tokyo. I don't have it anywhere else but when I fly over Tokyo.

If you are using Orbx Vector this will happen. You have to delete or rename the follow file and the flickers will cease.

8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I am going to try that but will removing that entry cause problems somewhere else? What does that entry control? thanks

There is in update on simmarket. haven't tired it yet.

TECHNOBRAIN - FS ADD-ON COLLECTION TOKYO INTL AIRPORT 2 FSX P3D
FSAC_RJTT2_X_UPD103.zip

You will find the link to download the update when you log into your user account --> my orders --> respective order.

Update Contents:

1.Fixed the problem of horizontal flickering polygon textures on wide areas of ground in Tokyo, 
        which may occur under certain conditions (regardless of whether or not Tokyo Int fl Airport2 has been installed).

2.Fixed the problem of unnecessary Landclass textures appearing at the sea level coastal boundary around RWY05 threshold, 
        which may occur under certain conditions.

• Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

this rjaa is a little dated but if bought during sale, a decent rendition of rjaa.

airport surrounding is also underwhelming so this afcad mod will make things look more like the real place. 

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=200846

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

15 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Richard hopefully they update the layout with updates... if not I believe theirs other version of the airport by a big time developer coming actually 2..one fro wing creation and in unknown developer.

• Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi guys!

I am using the up to date version of Wing Creations RJAA.

I find that both the RJAA and ImagineSim ZSPD ground charts from Navigraph show a major displacement of the aircraft's position relative to the P3Dv4.2 scenery. I cannot imagine what I may have done wrong. Videos of the flights are here.

I have run both Makerwys and AEC prior to the flight.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers, Richard😄

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods
Clarification

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I'm currently on P3Dv4.2, and last time I used WC RJAA it was with P3Dv3 and previously with FSX.  Pretty much an FPS killer.  I used to feel the same about ImagineSim, but they have since made an honest effort to make their prduct line perform faster.  I hope WC does the same.  If not, I hope other developers take on big airports like RJAA, RJTT, and others in Japan.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

4 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I find that both the RJAA and ImagineSim ZSPD ground charts from Navigraph show a major displacement of the aircraft's position relative to the P3Dv4.2 scenery.

Care to explain? It reads as if the airport is in the wrong location within the simulation.

Dan Downs KCRP

ZSPD was, at least previously, in the wrong place in the sim. Imaginesim were up front about it (had to do with misplaced shorelines in the default land class IIRC). I think they may have moved it back in a patch, though?

Sorry, this is all from memory. I may be wrong and I don’t have a link...

James

On 5/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, Silverbird said:

There is in update on simmarket. haven't tired it yet.

TECHNOBRAIN - FS ADD-ON COLLECTION TOKYO INTL AIRPORT 2 FSX P3D
FSAC_RJTT2_X_UPD103.zip

You will find the link to download the update when you log into your user account --> my orders --> respective order.

Update Contents:

1.Fixed the problem of horizontal flickering polygon textures on wide areas of ground in Tokyo, 
        which may occur under certain conditions (regardless of whether or not Tokyo Int fl Airport2 has been installed).

2.Fixed the problem of unnecessary Landclass textures appearing at the sea level coastal boundary around RWY05 threshold, 
        which may occur under certain conditions.

That’s a different airport (Haneda RJTT not Narita RJAA) and different vendor. 

Don’t feel bad - I actually flew to the wrong one last week! 😂

Mike

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Dan,

I have done some more testing. Indeed it appears that the airports are misplaced. Often the Navigraph moving airport chart shows the aircraft either on the grass or on a generalised grey area.

I have raised a topic with both Imaginesim for ZSPD and Wing Creations for RJAA to see if there is a cause in common or that I have not installed correctly.

I will update when I have more information.

Kind regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard