Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and SODE jetways work

As any VOXATC user quickly notices, the default P3d4 jetways do not respond to the VOXATC AI aircraft. This is because only the sim's own ATC-controlled AI aircraft have the correct states (taxiing, landing, starting up, etc.) to activate the jetway.

I noticed while testing the new SODE 1.63 beta, that SODE jetways are aware of VOXATC AI aircraft and will dock and undock correctly, even with a gate that has dual jetways. I hope this isn't a quirk in the beta.

I just updated my personal version of KALB using the SODE placer utility and the results are great.

• Like 2

Here's an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgbhpapy4pqokar/SWA.jpg?dl=0

Unfortunately, when VOXATC starts up, SODE does not have enough information to dock the jetways with planes parked at gates. But if a new plane arrives at an empty gate, the jetway docks properly. When that aircraft leaves the gate,  the undocking process is instantaneous, because there isn't enough information available to SODE on the AI aircraft status.

With the SODE open beta 1.63 dated 22May18 (rev 44521) the jetways work better with VOXATC aircraft. The beta is available here, but be forewarned, it is not for a production environment and only for testing:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?p=2466

jay

thanks .... 'tis a great program.

for now, cheers

john martin

One neat capability of SODE is it can sense environmental conditions and feed that to SODE SimObjects. This allows creation of seasonal textures, animated windsocks and other goodies.