Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

What's PMDG's take on this thread RE: CTD's crossing the Atlantic near Labrador?

I'm curious to know if anyone from PMDG has any thoughts on this huge thread in the P3D forum. I feel like the issue would be easier to nail down if more developers chimed in with their theories.

Alex Pugh

I've had that same crash a handful of times as well.  747 or 777, same area and only westbound, never eastbound as mentioned in that thread. 

I have not had a crash since 4.2. No clue if that P3D update fixed anything, but I've flown westbound across the north Atlantic several times now without any issue. 

I do save my flights often when transitioning through that area just in case. 

That all being said, Id be very interested in the root cause and corrective action as this does affect some many users in a that area of the world.  Always westbound.  So strange. 

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

I've had this crash too, but only when using time acceleration.

Do any of you have ORBX Vector installed? That causes a crash in that location for me. 

ki9cAAb.jpg