Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

Impossible to install V2.7.5.8

Hello,

I have a big problem with the installation of the latest version (V2.7.5.8 ) and also the  'prior' V2.7.5.9 !

After starting the installer (InstallMCE.exe) the p3d-folder is opening as usual, but nothing happens then anymore !?

Watching the background processes I have noticed, that Bootstrap.exe opens and then this process closes immediately !

Of course I disabled the firewall and executed as admin...

The last version I'm able to install (like all other versions before that) is V2.7.5.5 !?

Any Ideas ?

greetings Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

Hello,

I have a big problem with the installation of the latest version (V2.7.5.8 ) and also the  'prior' V2.7.5.9 !

After starting the installer (InstallMCE.exe) the p3d-folder is opening as usual, but nothing happens then anymore !?

Watching the background processes I have noticed, that Bootstrap.exe opens and then this process closes immediately !

Of course I disabled the firewall and executed as admin...

The last version I'm able to install (like all other versions before that) is V2.7.5.5 !?

Any Ideas ?

greetings Gerolamo

V2.7.59 was flawed and has been removed within 2 days after it was posted.

Should be good to go with V2.7.5.8 (latest and fully working)

Perhaps you have been hit by the same thing posted here:

OK, starting "XPack.msi" is working for me - really strange ,I never had a problem with the 'normal' installation before... 

I have one more question:

After installation of 2758, should I install the 'V1.1 Gold Release Update' for maddogx or not ?

Because you wrote "V2.7.59 was flawed and has been removed"  I'm not sure if I should install this over full installation of 2758 !?

(filename of gold release is MCE2759.zip )

thanks in advance

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

OK, starting "XPack.msi" is working for me - really strange ,I never had a problem with the 'normal' installation before... 

I have one more question:

After installation of 2758, should I install the 'V1.1 Gold Release Update' for maddogx or not ?

Because you wrote "V2.7.59 was flawed and has been removed"  I'm not sure if I should install this over full installation of 2758 !?

(filename of gold release is MCE2759.zip )

thanks in advance

Gerolamo

Good point.

Download patch for MaddogX, but only replace "mcmaddogV2.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder

Don't replace "mce.exe"

thanks for the info !

kind regards, ggerolamo