Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Moving the installation folder

Quick question. Is it possible to simply move the x-plane installation folder? Note that I haven't installed any addons or anything like that yet.

When I installed it, it defaulted to an x-plane folder on my desktop, and I didn't make any change.  However, my C-drive (SSD) is getting quite full, and I want to move it to the empty D-drive (HDD). I'm hoping it will just need a move and not a reinstall or anything like that. (I'm hoping it won't make it slower, either, to be honest.)

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Just move it, no issues. The only downside is that you will see longer initialization times compared to the SSD, but once up, it shouldn't make any difference.

For your add ons, there is nothing written in the registry or something like that, everything needed is in the installation folder.

Edited by jh71

Brilliant, I really appreciate you getting back to me so quick. I'll do it now,

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary im seeing that you a lot of questions with X-plane, although you can ask here of course and you gonna get help since there are a lot of XP users, you maybe wanna check x-plane.org forum, most of your questions are already answered there 😉

As for your question as jh71 already said you just need to move the folder with everything in it, and works like magic, one the goods things that XP as 🙂

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hiya

I had a login for that website but it was saying that I couldn't add anything to the forum. I've figured out why now and corrected it.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

For convenience, you should also change the installation path in the x-plane_install_11.txt file.

It can be found in C:\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Local